Thread: Back Routine?

hardgainer12 is offline Senior Member

Back Routine?

What would you guys say is the best back routine? Im never saticefied about my workout on my back and im not usually sore!! Whats a good back hitter?

Juicy Sauce is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hardgainer12
    What would you guys say is the best back routine? Im never saticefied about my workout on my back and im not usually sore!! Whats a good back hitter?
    back not usually sore? sounds like ur biceps are getting douced b4 ur back. try isolating the lats with a compound movement that doesnt involve a lot of bis first. then finish them off once they r tired.
    good luck bro

Flexor is offline Banned
    For a pure back routine:

3 x deadlifts
    3 x wide overhand pullups
    3 x bent over rows (for midback and posterior delts)
    3 x db rows (for lats)
    (3 x bent over raises) - not essential
    3 x shrugs

hardgainer12 is offline Senior Member
    thx for the advice

TCEL300 is offline Member
    my back day looks like this:
    3xdeads
    3xwide pull ups
    2xHigh row (machine at my gym)
    2xbehind the neck pull downs

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by TCEL300
    my back day looks like this:
    3xdeads
    3xwide pull ups
    2xHigh row (machine at my gym)<<<<<<<<The old hammer strength machine?If so,it's an awesome machine.
    behind the neck pull downs
    ~Pinnacle~

BigJames is offline Senior Member
    I had the same complaint you did with my old routine. Now I do the following:

Bent Over Barbell Rows - 4 sets (including a warm-up)
    Wide Grip Chins or Pulldowns - 3 sets
    Seated Rows or Narrow Grip Pulldowns - 3 sets
    Pullovers - 3 sets
    Shrugs - 3 sets

I switch excersizes frequently, but once you find the right groove and learn what your back feels like when it is worked properly, your old excersizes will become more effective. I also like to do dumbbell rows, hammer strength pulldowns, and various hammer strength rowing machines. My primary mass builder is bent over barbell rows right now...heavy, but with strict form.

yea...that machine fvcks me up..i usually go for like 10 solid reps with a dease weight..and then i load it up..and have my buddy help me get out like 8-15 reps..it is my last exercise and it hurrtsss...i felt my back really started to grow when i did the exercise to failure..not every1...but i would pick one exercise..say pulldowns..and id go 10 reps 8 reps...and then a heavy failure set with a partner...give it a try

the other key thing is every1 is different..like my lower back is extremely thick compared to my upperback and lats...so i dont do much for lower back..also i learned that if i did super heavy deads my back was a mess for 3 days...i just had 2 take a few days off because of that..its hit and miss..try new things out..good luck

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by TCEL300
    yea...that machine fvcks me up..i usually go for like 10 solid reps with a dease weight..and then i load it up..and have my buddy help me get out like 8-15 reps..it is my last exercise and it hurrtsss...i felt my back really started to grow when i did the exercise to failure..not every1...but i would pick one exercise..say pulldowns..and id go 10 reps 8 reps...and then a heavy failure set with a partner...give it a try
    I use that machine.My gym has practically every Hammer strength machine ever made.

Juicy Sauce is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    I use that machine.My gym has practically every Hammer strength machine ever made.
    hammer strength is a beautiful company. im in love with there equipment too.

hey pinn..i sometimes use the reg. hammer stregth row machine..where u sit up right and perform the exercise...whats ur take on that?...shoul i stick to free weigths

TADOLFI is offline Member
    Yep - I'm in.
    Hammer Strength at my gym as well.
    I'll vary the grip a little just to shake things up from time to time.

Keeps me guessing as to where I'll feel it the next day

Always Liftin' is offline Associate Member
    i seem to have the same problem, i mean look at my pitiful back, i know im young and its probably mostly diet but im still not even sure if know what my back is like when its pumped.....i think im working out my biceps more than my back...

TADOLFI is offline Member
    Always Liftin - It takes some time to get the back going if you're not sure that you are training it or the bicep.
    My suggestion is to grab a 25 pound dumbell and do some one arm rows with it and pay attention to what you feel not how much weight you have in your hand.
    Once you know that you're feelin this in the right spot (lats - not the bicep) you move on to another back exercise and try to get the same feeling.
    I'm tellin you - if you nail this and get the form right, you will have no problems gettin your back to grow.

Thread Information