hardgainer12 is offline Senior Member

Packing on strength

Would it be better to lift super heavy lifts w like 3 reps to build strength faster? hope i dont sound too stupid!!

Basically-
    3x3 or 10,8,6?

Flexor is offline Banned
    Your total number of reps is lower with the 3x3, so you won't be getting much size from it. Your nervous system will become better adapted though and you will get stronger, but you can also get stronger from putting on mass and then doing low reps to 'innervate' the new muscle. If you want more size still, work for size and strength at about 6-8 reps, then go down to lower reps once you are satisfied and this will increase your strength further.

sputnik is offline Banned
    a lot of my training sees me working toonly a top set of 3, not even 3x3 with the same weight. strength gains? u betcha!, size, thats come along as well, but at a sower rate. depends on how much i eat.

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    ive heard a good way to add strength is to pile on much more weight than you can do for a full rep, and only push the weight an inch or two. of corse you need to lift normally too.

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tren Bull
    ive heard a good way to add strength is to pile on much more weight than you can do for a full rep, and only push the weight an inch or two. of corse you need to lift normally too.
    It is said that those kind of partial reps will only build strength in the small ROM that you perform. It is far more beneficial to do full ROMs.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    It is said that those kind of partial reps will only build strength in the small ROM that you perform. It is far more beneficial to do full ROMs.
    Yep, such as working with boards to improve the certain "sticking point" you work by stopping at the board.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Tren Bull
    that's called static training.. and yes it does work.. but you must take rest, and never do the same body parts in the same week..
    it will build strength, but not size..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    that's called static training.. and yes it does work.. but you must take rest, and never do the same body parts in the same week..
    it will build strength, but not size..
    Yeah. Because of the high blood pressures involved, it isn't recommended as a continuing routine.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    I prefer conjugated periodization, personally.

Thread Information