snowfox is offline Associate Member

Can't grow my inner pecs, plz help.

I have a real problem getting that "dip" look between my pecs. I don't have a problem growing them overall, actually I'm quite happy with their size.

It's just that I can't get the pec muscles that connect to the sternum to stand out, so my chest "looks" flat. Which keeps me just training them and neglecting other muscle groups...what can I do?

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by snowfox
    I have a real problem getting that "dip" look between my pecs. I don't have a problem growing them overall, actually I'm quite happy with their size.

It's just that I can't get the pec muscles that connect to the sternum to stand out, so my chest "looks" flat. Which keeps me just training them and neglecting other muscle groups...what can I do?
    Mine is the same, there is nothing that can be done. What your seeing is your genetic shape at a certain level of development. Once your chest is bigger overall you will get a better shape as you fulfill your genetics. The answer is not to train it more, because that is the way you are meant to look. All you can do is train to get more mass on your chest with compound exercises such dips, flat bench, decline db, incline db. Flies will not help you with the mass, try around 10 sets and a great pump.

snowfox is offline Associate Member
    I'll try to do some cable flies all the way to the other arm...if that doesn't help than nothing will. Damn pecs...I'm going to give KFC a call how they train their chickens to get monster pecs.

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by snowfox
    I'll try to do some cable flies all the way to the other arm...if that doesn't help than nothing will. Damn pecs...I'm going to give KFC a call how they train their chickens to get monster pecs.
    Sorry to tell you, cable flies is the last thing that will help. That exercise is for people who have already built the mass, and are looking to bring out the final striations of the muscles. Those striations occur because the muscle has developed to its genetic potential and full 3D shape, and the stria are the last things to develop. Although cable flies give you constant tension and a high range of motion, it won't build any mass in the parts you want because they cannot be targetted and flies aren't a mass movement. The pec is one muscle, the fibres running horizontally, so all you can do is target the whole lump of meat.

Stick to heavy compound movements, forget isolating. This means bench, dips, incline bench, decline bench. But don't overdo it, and in time your chest will begin to even up. You can't blame yourself for not properly working your 'inner pec' because there is nothing you could have done, so don't worry. Many people lack inner chest, just develop your chest further.

omnipotent is offline Banned
    i would recomend going on a hammer strength incline/decline machine with the narrowest grip and just start blasting away .. also .. many many cable cross overs ..key word (cross) meaning u cont just bring one hand to the other u cross them for full contraction .. then squeeze .. that shall do it

Thread Information