Thread: Max Ot

Motion is offline Associate Member

Max Ot

Any of you guys familiar with this routine? Opinions on it?

RedBaron38 is offline Junior Member
    Tried it for about 8 weeks and didn't like it at all. I don't like training one body part a week, and I felt myself getting smaller as I went along. The good thing about it is that I was throwing around weight I've never done before and I was out of the gym in about 30-45 min. Some people like it, so I'd say give it a shot and see what happens. My opinion is that it's not as good as they make it, but that's just my 2 cents. Good luck with whatever you choose.

RB

Motion is offline Associate Member
    One body part a week? You mean a day right?

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    You could summarize Max-OT like this:

1. Each workout should last approximately 30 to 40 minutes.
    2. Train only 1 or 2 muscle groups per workout/day.
    3. Do 6 to 9 total heavy sets per muscle group.
    4. Do 4 to 6 reps per set.
    5. Rest 2 to 3 minutes between sets. (STR)
    6. Train each muscle group once every 5 to 7 days. (ITR)
    7. Take a 1 week break from training every 8 to 10 weeks.

http://www.muscleoverload.com/max-ot/maxot.shtml

diamonds is offline Banned
    It actually makes a lot more sense than most of the other crap people have posted. If you lift right, this program could be very beneficial. The only thing I disagree with is the number of reps. Other than that....looks like one of my routines

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by diamonds
    It actually makes a lot more sense than most of the other crap people have posted.
    Hmm, I'm sure those people wouldn't be very happy with you taking the piss out of their routines. Best to show respect I think
    Last edited by Flexor; 01-06-2006 at 01:19 PM.

diamonds is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    Hmm, I'm sure those people wouldn't be very happy with you taking the piss out of their routines. Best to show respect I think
    Yea, well I like to call it like it is. I'm straight forward and truthful with people. Something more people should probably be, but hey, that's just me

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by diamonds
    Yea, well I like to call it like it is. I'm straight forward and truthful with people. Something more people should probably be, but hey, that's just me
    What has truth got to do with it, when its an opinion? Most people on this board are straight forward actually, depending on whether they are deal-ing (why does this site block the word d e a l i n g anyway?) with obtuse personalities who can't see both sides of an argument without getting touchy and remaining objective. Enough with the off topic rants anyway..this is an excercise forum, lets talk exercise !

I think quite a few people are doing Max-OT without realising it judging by the summary points S.P.G raised
    Last edited by Flexor; 01-06-2006 at 01:31 PM.

doby48 is offline Female Member
    I wasn't familiar witht he MaxOT but I read the link provided and it looks like my existing workout is similar. The only exceptions to my workout is I do 8-10 reps instead of the 4-6 and I don't take one full week off every 8 weeks. It works well for me so I woul say that yeah there definatly is some merit to it
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

UberSteroids is offline Anabolic Member
    Well I just read about the whole Max-OT today. I think this is a good idea. Definetly something worth giving a shot. The only thing Im going to change is more sets. Im pretty sure that will work for me. Reason why is because I remember when I was trying different weights and reps for different exercises. Dumbbell curls with 45Lbs dumbbells 3 sets of 10 reps doesnt feel as good as 60Lbs dumbbells 3 sets of 4-6 reps. Lower reps, heavier weights really gets my arms big. And the whole one muscle per day idea.. I think thats a great idea. Use all ur energy and focus on one muscle group. I will definetly give it a shot. Just my $.02.

-Uber

Flexor is offline Banned
    I like the idea of the workout too, its not too complicated and it is bound to achieve reasonable results. Anyone can do it.

Thread Information