Flexor is offline Banned

Bruce Lee's 2 finger pushup

Seajackal is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah it is possible man I have that video in my 8M collection, don't you know
    his one inch punch technique?

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Low bodyfat and a lot of strength at a light weight. They key is to have all three. I think that everyone can do this with the right combination of the three. Well, tall people may have a little trouble.

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Seajackal
    Don't you know his one inch punch technique?
    No, what does that involve?

And surely you would need pretty thick fingers to do a 2 finger pushup...

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Bruce Lee's the man. He was very strong for his weight. Awesome martial arts expert. That's very impressive.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    When I was practicing martial arts, I could do one-arm pushups. I would also perform fingertip pushups, when both hands, on a regular basis. The key is having an strong core. Without this, the exercise is impossible. I was also at my lowest bodyfat ever (I weighed around 179lbs, at the time). I was performing bodyweight-only strength training exercises, martial art classes, and would also have cardio sessions using Bas Rutten's Mixed Marital Art Workouts. Free weights will not help you achieve this. You need to use bodyweight strength training exercises, like a gymnast, and keep your bodyweight down. I got tired of being so light so I quit and went back to free weights.

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Papi93
    When I was practicing martial arts, I could do one-arm pushups. I would also perform fingertip pushups, when both hands, on a regular basis. The key is having an strong core. Without this, the exercise is impossible. I was also at my lowest bodyfat ever (I weighed around 179lbs, at the time). I was performing bodyweight-only strength training exercises, martial art classes, and would also have cardio sessions using Bas Rutten's Mixed Marital Art Workouts. Free weights will not help you achieve this. You need to use bodyweight strength training exercises, like a gymnast, and keep your bodyweight down. I got tired of being so light so I quit and went back to free weights.
    Makes perfect sense. You are only good at what you train at...

I could do one arm pushups a lot easier if I had a stronger core, I can tell when I'm doing them that there is too much rotation of my trunk and not enough stability.

Time to get out the stability ball

What is more amazing apart from the strength, is the ability of the fingers to support bodyweight over such a small contact area with the metacarpals extended. The pressure must be immense...

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Makes perfect sense. You are only good at what you train at...

I could do one arm pushups a lot easier if I had a stronger core, I can tell when I'm doing them that there is too much rotation of my trunk and not enough stability.

Time to get out the stability ball

What is more amazing apart from the strength, is the ability of the fingers to support bodyweight over such a small contact area with the metacarpals extended. The pressure must be immense...
    There is no substitute for exercise specificity here. Start with one-arm pushup static holds and then proceed to negatives. Treat this like you would pullups. That is, before you could perform even one rep with the pullup. Be really careful with one-arm pushups and one-legged squats. One morning I did strained my lower back by not warming up properly, for one-legged squats. Have a strong core is definitely the secret, IMO. Notice that he has a wide support base. His feet are very far apart.
    The pressure on your fingers is intense. Try repping out with finger tip pushups and then regular pushups. You will notice a dramatic difference.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I believe when performing fingertip pushups, it is used to develop grip strength. Matt Furey (Combat Conditioning) also has people perform handstand pushups on fingertips. I haven't tried that one yet.

Flexor is offline Banned
    There is no substitute for exercise specificity here. Start with one-arm pushup static holds and then proceed to negatives. Treat this like you would pullups. That is, before you could perform even one rep with the pullup. Be really careful with one-arm pushups and one-legged squats. One morning I did strained my lower back by not warming up properly, for one-legged squats. Have a strong core is definitely the secret, IMO. Notice that he has a wide support base. His feet are very far apart.
    The pressure on your fingers is intense. Try repping out with finger tip pushups and then regular pushups. You will notice a dramatic difference.
    I'm one of those lightweight, boundless larks..as such when I first started pullups I could whack out 15 reps without weight and could do 100 pressups on the trot (these I did train for). That was a few years back though when I just trained for sheer endurance, having never touched free weights. I have been training for mass for a few years now...

I did notice the wide leg stance yes, typically what I use If I do one arm pushups.

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    a buddy of mine can do push ups with his thumbs, i tried and it just feels like i am goona break my thumbs off..

chest6 is offline Banned
    Ya man..Ive tried those and I thought I broke my fingers.

No, what does that involve?

And surely you would need pretty thick fingers to do a 2 finger pushup...
    This is a technique in which you can explote one punch with your fist just 1
    inch away from the target and blow the shit away, man you gotta see this
    technique Bruce did this technique demonstration in that Karate show where
    he showed the 2 fingers pushups. You won't believe how hard were Bruce's
    forearms. Plus the man had a ****ing muscled body and hard trainings. If you
    need to know further infos try to research on "Jeet Kune Do" which is Bruce
    Lee's fighting technique and this will include 1" and 3" punches techniques.
    BTW Bruce threw a 190lbs or so guy about 4-5 feets away with 1" punch in
    that show. Check it out bro you're gonna be impressed!

Flexor is offline Banned
    This is a technique in which you can explote one punch with your fist just 1
    inch away from the target and blow the shit away, man you gotta see this
    technique Bruce did this technique demonstration in that Karate show where
    he showed the 2 fingers pushups. You won't believe how hard were Bruce's
    forearms. Plus the man had a ****ing muscled body and hard trainings. If you
    need to know further infos try to research on "Jeet Kune Do" which is Bruce
    Lee's fighting technique and this will include 1" and 3" punches techniques.
    BTW Bruce threw a 190lbs or so guy about 4-5 feets away with 1" punch in
    You've got me excited, I'm going to try and check it out. I thought the one inch punch was something like that.

Thanks

fully_paully is offline Associate Member
    After bruce lee fingers girls they need 2 b sent to the hospital

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fully_paully
    After bruce lee fingers girls they need 2 b sent to the hospital

sputnik is offline Banned
    did u all know Bruce loved his 20 rep squats?

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik
    did u all know Bruce loved his 20 rep squats?
    Dude, or should I say sir, you are old-school . Are those breathing squats as well?

Sir? man i'm not that old!

I'm pretty sure they were breathing squats.

My 1st year of squatting was always 20 rep squats, until they messed with my head and i was too scared to do them anymore

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Sir? man i'm not that old!

I'm pretty sure they were breathing squats.

My 1st year of squatting was always 20 rep squats, until they messed with my head and i was too scared to do them anymore
    They are very taxing. As you increase the weight on them, you start fearing them before you enter the gym. Ian King (Australian Strength Coach) recommends breathing squats. Personally, I liked using them to build local muscular endurance, in my legs, when I competed in martial arts.

what martial arts to do u compete in?

Thing is the 20 reppers made me strong, but didn't actualyl add a huge amount of size...i still think they're great

ozwingchun is offline New Member
    hi guys
    i am into wing chun kung fu and i would say i have a decent 1inch punch . i routinely do thumb and 2 finger pushups.
    its all a matter of practice and progressing from 5 fingers down to four three and so on. the toughest part is the pain in the beginning but as your fingers get used to it then it becomes tolerable.
    we practice finger pushups in order to condition the fingers for the finger jab to the eyes ,neck, etc.
    bruce lee's first art was wing chun thats also the core of his style Jeet kune do.
    talk to you later guys

ozwingchun

Papi93 is offline AR VET

Thing is the 20 reppers made me strong, but didn't actualyl add a huge amount of size...i still think they're great
    Traditional Tae Kwon Do (with weapons training) and Olympic-Style Tae Kwon Do. I really wanted Muy Thai Kickboxing but there were no schools near me. Tae Kwon Do studios are like McDonald's, they're everywhere.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by ozwingchun
    hi guys
    i am into wing chun kung fu and i would say i have a decent 1inch punch . i routinely do thumb and 2 finger pushups.
    its all a matter of practice and progressing from 5 fingers down to four three and so on. the toughest part is the pain in the beginning but as your fingers get used to it then it becomes tolerable.
    we practice finger pushups in order to condition the fingers for the finger jab to the eyes ,neck, etc.
    bruce lee's first art was wing chun thats also the core of his style Jeet kune do.
    talk to you later guys

ozwingchun
    Hello Ozwingchun! Go to the fighting forum and you should be able to help some members out there. Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by ozwingchun
    hi guys
    talk to you later guys

ozwingchun
    that's awesome mate!

Papi93 is offline AR VET

They never put much mass on me either. They built a lot of endurance, though.

Traditional Tae Kwon Do (with weapons training) and Olympic-Style Tae Kwon Do. I really wanted Muy Thai Kickboxing but there were no schools near me. Tae Kwon Do studios are like McDonald's, they're everywhere.
    he....I used to do Tae Kwon Do as well...from the age of 9 through to 15...got to red belt 2 stripes...so close to black...oh well

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    he....I used to do Tae Kwon Do as well...from the age of 9 through to 15...got to red belt 2 stripes...so close to black...oh well
    I'm achieved a red belt in traditional Tae Kwon Do (stopped due to high school sports requiring a great time commitment). I made it to blue belt in Olympic Tae Kwon Do before I had to move and there were no schools available to train at.

Logan13 is offline Banned

yes

I am by no means a Bruce Lee, but I have been able to do it as he does since I was 15YO. A good weight-to-strength ratio helps, but mostly just focus.

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    thats nuts, bruce lee was def a crazy guy. do you guys think it could of been more mental then physical, since he was very into the deep meditation and stuff?

In his case it was both cuz he was very disciplined to mental/physical conditioning.

Canadiantiger is offline Associate Member
    .......BTW Bruce threw a 190lbs or so guy about 4-5 feets away with 1" punch in

He also punched the Olympic Heavyweight Judo Gold Metalist back over a chair almost 8 feet into the wall behind him. The guy was pushing almost 300lbs. The Gold Medalist I can't remember his name or I would post talks about this in Bruce Lee Licensed biography.

Amazing, simply amazing but I guess when you train with a live Cobra to increase you reflexes as well as an electrified finger jab board everything else becomes easier.

Thread Information