Thread: ABS away ..

omnipotent is offline Banned

Cool ABS away ..

Lookin for some one who actually has abs to show to ask a few things ..
    1) what type of movements will get my abs deep?
    2) for thickness is weight required ?
    3) for sex lines , is leg lifts only excersise ?

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    If you are using alot of compound movements in your routine,you should be building your abs rather nicely.Maybe I'm genetically gifted in the ab area(none others though ).I work my abs once every 2 weeks,and nothing special by any means.Hanging leg raises and some weighted crunches is all I do.And I have some pretty thick abs.I attribute my abs more so to squats,barbell rows,deads ....and excessive use of Growth Hormone

I'm sure Flexor or S.P.G will give you a good routine.This is thier forum.

ahh kool thankz pin .. hey when u do the weighted crunches u do them on the floor or on a decline bench ?

Quote Originally Posted by omnipotent
    ahh kool thankz pin .. hey when u do the weighted crunches u do them on the floor or on a decline bench ?
    I do them a few ways.

Incline crunches(machine)

On a cable pull-down machine I take the bar off and use a rope.Sit the opposite way you would doing a lat pull-down.Grab the rope behind my head and crunch away.

I also put a plate on my chest(45) and use the decline bench for crunches as well.

For the hanging crunches.I have ankle weights that I can attach small plates to.So that makes them challenging.

awsome .. sounds excellent : )

im goin to try some of these =P

its mostly my lower abs that need the work

Flexor is offline Banned
    You can achieve 'deep' abs by building the mass, and then cutting the bodyfat right down. Apart from taking GH and lifting really heavy, the best way to build pure mass is with weighted exercises at about 15-20 reps. Heavy decline crunches, decline side crunches, that type of exercise where you can add a lot of weight on a biomechanically efficient ROM. High reps are beneficial too.

Other good exercises include hanging leg raises for the lower abs and obliques, and upside-down hanging crunches for all of the abs. These are more difficult to perform, but they are excellent. Stability ball exercises are good for overall core strength and tone as well.

For your lower abs do the leg raises on an incline bench, and hanging leg raises are excellent, I'm agreed with Pin.

"Sex lines" will be achieved by these exercises.

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    I've always liked hanging leg/knee raises, incling leg/knee raises and rope crunches. Maybe some oblique crunches or cross body crunches. I focus more on breathing technique more then reps. I blow out all the air in my lungs when at peak contraction and hold for a count of 3. It burns like hell, but it get's the job done well.

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    working out your obliques, along with other exercises that target the upper and lower abs is a great way to get a fat six pack. but the most important thing is that you eat a very strict diet.

Always Liftin' is offline Associate Member
    wow i was acutally looking for a post just like this, thanks for the info guys

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Using weights during your ab work will definately add thickness. I was always lean as a kid and had little, but cut abs. I have only used weights while training them (10-25 rep range) and now I am older and my abs are big and blocky. I credit ab thickness to using weights with ab work. I do crunches on decline bench with anywhere from 25-45lb plate on my chest, mahince crunches with weights, rope pulley crunches with knees on the floor, and haning leg raises (no weight)

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by spound
    Using weights during your ab work will definately add thickness. I was always lean as a kid and had little, but cut abs. I have only used weights while training them (10-25 rep range) and now I am older and my abs are big and blocky. I credit ab thickness to using weights with ab work. I do crunches on decline bench with anywhere from 25-45lb plate on my chest, mahince crunches with weights, rope pulley crunches with knees on the floor, and haning leg raises (no weight)
    That's impressive. Yeah like any muscle, the answer is weight, and time. It takes years to get abs that stick out.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    Yeah like any muscle, the answer is weight, and time. It takes years to get abs that stick out.
    And to be quite honest...it takes drugs too.There is a big difference looking at the abdominal region of a drug free trainee as oppsed to one that uses drugs.The anabolic drug user has that block "boxed" look that drug free users won't achieve.
    I know quite a few of you guys in this forum are very young,and drug free.That's great!Not trying to piss on your parade by any means.

crash187ct is offline Senior Member
    God i love this search button, you guys answer nicely

Alex2 is offline Senior Member
    I train my abs in four ways.

1- Incline crunches.

2- On a cable pull-down machine. I make sure that I put a weight that is enough to do 12-15 reps. (higher and mid abs)

3- Leg raises. (lower abs)

4- Torso rotation. (obliques). This is the hardest one but I really love having my obliques developed.

I found this very helpful link recently and started following the exercises explained in it:
    http://www.bestabs.com/Resources/Exercises/Default.aspx

wooo looks like you guys really blew up my thread .. yeah i noticeddd my abs got alott better since u guys gave me some advise .. and those sex lines are comin in =D .. but still i need em thicker .. i think im ganna start doin heavier weight for em

Pinn .. i think you are right about the abs being thick as far as takin drugs ..

all my friends that dont do anything are shredded with smaller abs ..
    and the guys i know who do take sh1t .. have these huge boxed shaped abs .. Maybe i need to start takin more juice lool ..i think im ganna take like a 2 month break after this cycle cuz i dont want to be dependent on it

uhh mine are somewhat blocky and i am on no anabolic drugs whatsoever...just diet and exercise..

Thread Information