Thread: Rest time??????

NovaKyle is offline New Member

Question Rest time??????

After your done with an intense workout, lets say your chest, how long do you guys wait before hitting them again? Is it ok to just wait a day or two, and when you feel no more soreness go at it again? And will the juice change your recovery time?

TADOLFI is offline Member
    Orange juice may help recovery.

Seriously - You need to be in tune with what your body tells you.
    Two days is good for some people, three days for others, and yet others will only train a body part once a week.

Try the two days if you wish, but keep a log and write down what you lift and how you feel.
    Review it after two weeks and adjust according to what you've written.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    They say 48 hours to fully recover. Some may recover quickier some not. Good diet /rest will help this greatly.

Cool cool, Sounds good, i like the log idea. thanks fellas

doby48 is offline Female Member
    Be careful to not overtrain though, many people say, and I agree that one time a week for each body part is enough since you work differnt body parts with other exercises. For example, the bench press is used to target your chest but you also will work tris and delts when doing it. Dead lifts are often done on back day but will also hit your quads, hams and traps. So even working each muscle group one time a week, as you can see really results in working each of those more often. These types of compound exercises allow you to target each muscle one time a week, allow them to rest enough to recover, and yet actually work them more than once a week.
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

Flexor is offline Banned
    48 hrs is how long is needed for the CNS to recover and the high levels of muscle microtrauma. At this point you can work your muscles hard again, but damage is still there so you are breaking down new growth that has just formed. The bottom line is, never work a bodypart hard with less than a 3 day break and never if you still ache.

josh8416 is offline Associate Member
    i believe 1 time a week is perfect, but it depends on the size you are i believe. for example a 160 pound guy could probbaly hit chest tue/friday and be fine, since his muscles are smaller, meaning easier to recover. but a 230 pound guy with low bf, will take a week. i dont know if that makes since, but i strongly believe that!

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by josh8416
    i believe 1 time a week is perfect, but it depends on the size you are i believe. for example a 160 pound guy could probbaly hit chest tue/friday and be fine, since his muscles are smaller, meaning easier to recover. but a 230 pound guy with low bf, will take a week. i dont know if that makes since, but i strongly believe that!
    I think that is probably true, it is also true that bigger guys are stronger so they lift more weight. Since all muscle construction is the same, these guys are damaging their muscles more than a small dude, so the bigger guy needs longer rest.

Canadiantiger is offline Associate Member
    I noticed this in myself over the last year or so. Just over a year ago I was 170lbs and could train parts after 2-3 days then slowly over the following year by the time I hit 225lbs I could only train once every 7 days or my body would baically tell to me to f@%k off.

It makes since, the more muscle you have, the more muscle you have to heal

Here's an article that deals with your question... It basically says that if you aren't on AAS you should wait about 7 days before working the same muscle again.....

if you're on AAS recovery will be quicker to be safe i would say 3-4days, but you can get away with 48 hours as long as you take a day or two off every week or so.

http://umanitoba.fitdv.com/new/artic....html?artid=21

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    never if you still ache.
    This is the rule of thumb I follow only when prioritizing certain muscles. Other then that I'll give it at least 48hrs. before I hit the weights again.

Thread Information