Njectable is offline Member

Just Started Doing Cardio

Sup guys, i thought i could find this in another post cuz i know i found all this info before but theirs like a billion posts on random cardio questions, i thought it was in the "How To Cut" sticky but couldn't find all the answers i was looking for. First of all i'm not new to lifting weights and working out, but when it comes to cardio i rarely did it in the past, but now i'm trying to clean up my midsection and want to make sure i do everything correctly so i don't burn muscle as well.

I bought a recumbent cycle for my cardio to do at home cause i have a hard time doing my cardio at the gym, when i get to the gym i just wanna lift i don't wanna f*ck around with cardio. Plus its easier to do my morning cardio at home instead of going to the gym to do my cardio then going back later to do my workout. Anyways, like i said i'm doing 45min of cardio right in the morning when i wake up before i eat anything. I'm keeping my HR at 65% of my max for most of the session. My main question is how long should i wait after i'm done my cardio before i eat something. I'm thinking a half hour, but wanna make sure. Also how many times a week should i do this, i figure if you got the ambition to do it 5-7 days a week it shouldn't be a problem right? Would i run into problems with burning muscle if i did cardio that often, I just figure the main factor that comes into play when doing your cardio is where you keep your HR and how long of a session your doing that depicts whether your body will start burning muscle as energy correct? So the amount of sessions you do in a week shouldn't really effect that should it?

I just wanna get cut up the best i can before summer gets here, and now that i can do cardio in my own home i don't have a problem doing it 7 days a week unless its gonna start hurting my gains at the gym and i start losing muscle cause thats the last thing i want. Just looking for a little advice, Thanks in advance.

Flexor is offline Banned
    I agree with everything you said. 5 days a week shouldn't be a problem, because you will be burning fat not muscles. Also as long as your diet is sorted out and you aren't too tired from the cardio, there is no problem. Doing cardio many times in a week cannot have a negative impact unless it makes you feel tired and takes nutrition away from your bulking. So as long as nutrition is alright and you are only burning fat by not going over 45mins in a session at 65%MHR, then you should be alright.

and what do you think about the morning cardio, like once i'm done my cardio session on an empty stomach how long should i wait before i consume my first meal, 30min?

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by motoxer23
    and what do you think about the morning cardio, like once i'm done my cardio session on an empty stomach how long should i wait before i consume my first meal, 30min?
    Immediately, or very shortly after. Your body is in a highly catabolic state after a night of growth and repair, and it is low on nutrients. Feed it to prevent muscle loss, which is what the body will turn to if you don't eat.

awsome thanks alot you answered everything

Thread Information