giangrosso is offline Banned

help with a new workout

iv decide for this year im not gonna go for the mass look or take any roids im going for the ripped look.i dont need advice on cardio or dieting as i know that is most important for me to achieve what i want and i know what im going to do in that area. so what i need is help from u guys for how many sets and reps on body parts and how much weight to use, im aiming for the look brad pitt has in fight club i hear loads of stuff which is best so i just want some advice off you lot. any workout regimes would be great cheers.

i found this workout what you think!!

Monday Chest
    3 - 25 push ups
    3 - nautilus press 45,55,65
    3 - nautilus incline press 55,65,70
    3 - pec deck machin 40,45,50

Tuesday Back
    3 - 5 pull ups
    3 - seated rows 75,80,85
    3 - lat pull downs 85,90,95
    3 - t bar rows 50,55,60

Wednesday shoulders
    3 - arnold press 35,35,35
    3 - laterals 15,15,15
    3 - front raises 10,10,10

Thursday Bicep/Tris
    3 - nautilus curl machine 20,25,30
    3 - ez curls cable 30,35,40
    3 - hammer curls 15,20,25
    3 - push downs 50,55,60

Friday
    Treadmill 45 minutes 65-75% MHR

Sat/Sun off

Reps Range From 20-30 reps on all exercises
    Last edited by giangrosso; 01-08-2006 at 07:18 AM.

Canadiantiger is offline Associate Member
    Are you not going to work legs?

thats not mine!! i found that workout on the net and was wondering what you thought about it or had any better suggestions!!

Flexor is offline Banned
    It doesn't matter what exercises or reps you do, you can't make yourself look like someone else. It is down to bodyfat and mass, you can't train for a 'toned look'. You must choose your own weights, we don't know how strong you are. If you are not looking to gain mass or strength, you might as well not lift at all.

Flexor is offline Banned
    Some say that lifting heavy weights increases tone, the reason is that there is greater tension across the muscle lifting low reps. Mostly though, it is down to how much bodyfat you have

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by giangrosso
    thats not mine!! i found that workout on the net and was wondering what you thought about it or had any better suggestions!!
    You sould create your own program, something that is aproprate for you, that works for you based on your goals ect, ect,

Why would you want to get advice on a program that you havn't even created? sorry just a littel confused

im going to create my own but im asking if this is a typical workout to get the ripped look. meaning are the sets and reps etc good by any of your standards for the cut look!!

Flexor is offline Banned
    im going to create my own but im asking if this is a typical workout to get the ripped look. meaning are the sets and reps etc good by any of your standards for the cut look!!
    I've already told you, sets and reps has nothing to do with looking cut!!! That is just a myth. It is about diet, and perhaps to some extent handling heavy weights. Also to look properly cut you need enough mass to show up striations of the fibres.

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    People seem to think that if their goal isn't to get that big, that they shouldn't hit the gym hard with a program based around compound exercises. However this makes no sense at all, doing a program based around compounds will get you to your goal more quickly and once you are there, then you can revert to a pussy program to maintain your physique. Starting with a program like you have mentioned will take you double the time to get to your goal then if you based your training around the important free weight exercises such as deads, squats, bench press, military presses and bent over rows!

this is what im going for what you think!!

Monday (quads & abdominals), Tuesday (back & traps), Wednesday (Chest & Shoulders), Thursday (hams & calves), and Friday (arms). 9 sets at 10-15 reps for the larger body parts and 6 sets at 10-12 for the smaller ones.

I would personally put hams with quads and rest on Wednesday.

I realize now that was not your workout but another flaw I see is if you are going for that ripped look you will need more cardio then just Fri.

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadiantiger
    I realize now that was not your workout but another flaw I see is if you are going for that ripped look you will need more cardio then just Fri.
    Agreed. The only way to look properly ripped is to gain a lot of mass and therefore shape, and then cut off all the fat to expose the new shape.

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    bro, why give up the roids? if you were to run test prop/tren acetate, or test prop/winstrol depot you would acheive the shredded look your going for much faster. btw, im not sure how strong you are, but if you want to go with a high number of reps, then pick a weight you can do for about 15-18 reps until failure, then stick with that, until you can do it for 25-30 reps.

doby48 is offline Female Member
    this is what im going for what you think!!

Monday (quads & abdominals), Tuesday (back & traps), Wednesday (Chest & Shoulders), Thursday (hams & calves), and Friday (arms). 9 sets at 10-15 reps for the larger body parts and 6 sets at 10-12 for the smaller ones.
    Yeah that sounds pretty good. What I do is the following so this might give you an idea.

M - Chest/Tris
    T - Quads/Abs
    W - Rest
    Th - Back/Bis
    F - Shoulders/Hams
    Sa - HIIT
    Su - Rest

I do cardio 2-3 days a week in addition to my HIIT on Saturday. Also, I split back so that I do the main part and upper back on Thursday but then on Friday when I do my Hams I also target my lower back. The reason for this is because there are good exercises that target both hams & lower back so I avoid any lower back work on Thursday and just it on Friday with the hams.

I do anywhere from 3 sets of 10, to 4 sets of 6 depending on the body part I'm working.
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

Thread Information