biganfg is offline Associate Member

Another Chest Question

Fellas, what's up. Umm well i need some help in brining my upper chest out to help give me a thicker look. For the last few months i just been doing incline and flat dumbbell press (i know its not enough). I am gonna add cable cross-overs to the list aswell now. I am also thinking of adding incline machine press to the workout, what are people's thoughts any other ideas????

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by biganfg
    Fellas, what's up. Umm well i need some help in brining my upper chest out to help give me a thicker look. For the last few months i just been doing incline and flat dumbbell press (i know its not enough). I am gonna add cable cross-overs to the list aswell now. I am also thinking of adding incline machine press to the workout, what are people's thoughts any other ideas????
    There are loads of threads on upper and lower chest. Once again I will say that the upper chest is only the thin band at the top. A lot of your upper chest is still a portion of the lower pec muscle, as shown in the diagram in the link below.

http://www.exrx.net/Muscles/PectoralisClavicular.html

Incline will only help you with that band. Otherwise incline will not help you build mass in the other area which is the lower pec. Forget cable crossovers, they are not a mass exercise. Stick with incline db and flat barbell and don't bother with incline flyes or incline machine presses. You could try negatives, rest-pause sets, drop sets, and many other things to help.

biganfg is offline Associate Member
    Cool Cool i'll look into the negative sets they look very very interesting thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    You could try negatives, rest-pause sets, drop sets, and many other things to help.
    ^^listen to him, he knows what he's talkin about.

Thread Information