Thread: Is this normal?

Is this normal?

I worked out my legs on sunday and there still very sore today. Is this normal, or is there something wrong I should be aware about.

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyTampa09
    I worked out my legs on sunday and there still very sore today. Is this normal, or is there something wrong I should be aware about.
    No man, you are doing a great job. When I do legs on friday they will often ache until the following wednesday or thursday. DOMS is good, you can never have too much of it, as long as you rest properly. DOMS is not just about the damage you are causing, because you will ache less each time you do the same routine as your body adapts to the after effects of your exercise such as free radical levels etc. Even when you don't ache, you still may have a fair amount of muscle damage.

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    No man, you are doing a great job. When I do legs on friday they will often ache until the following wednesday or thursday. DOMS is good, you can never have too much of it, as long as you rest properly. DOMS is not just about the damage you are causing, because you will ache less each time you do the same routine as your body adapts to the after effects of your exercise such as free radical levels etc. Even when you don't ache, you still may have a fair amount of muscle damage.
    good call as usual bro. When I work my legs bro I hurt for like 3 or 4 days its all good think of it as an indicator that you muscles got a good workout and are ready to begin growing

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 24labor
    good call as usual bro. When I work my legs bro I hurt for like 3 or 4 days its all good think of it as an indicator that you muscles got a good workout and are ready to begin growing
    Yeah exactly, its a good indicator that 1.) you are probably going to grow and 2.) you are varying your routine just the right amount to keep the aches going...

Aright thanks alot, it just sucks when you have to run for 45 minutes the following day or 3 days ahead. Gotta love tylenol

pilipo is offline Junior Member
    mine always hurt when i change up my routine. using swole cats right now and i walk like i just got raped 4 days later

pilipo is offline Junior Member
    stretching good before and after can help alot. i also warm up before and cool down after by getting on the bike for 5-10 min

Epiphany is offline Female Member
    Doin' a little cardio the day after leg day helps (PAINFUL, but is worth it in the long run). Make sure you stretch for a while after you do legs too. But yeah, I'm always limpin' for 3-4 days after leg day...so you're fine.

TCEL300 is offline Member
    i warm up 10 mins on the bike on leg day...and i cool down on the bike for 10 after also...i also do 20 mins the next day on the bike....i think it really helps...also i take a hot bath after my leg day....did some lunges with 55 db's 2nite...ill deff be feeling it 2morow

Flexor is offline Banned
    Stretching, warming up, warming down and light cardio the next day are excellent ways of reducing the aches. Good advice pilipo, Epiphany and TCEL

Quote Originally Posted by TCEL300
    i warm up 10 mins on the bike on leg day...and i cool down on the bike for 10 after also...i also do 20 mins the next day on the bike....i think it really helps...also i take a hot bath after my leg day....did some lunges with 55 db's 2nite...ill deff be feeling it 2morow
    youre doing everything right, except why are you doing lunges at night? this won't help you grow, it will just add time to your body recovering. IMO i would throw the lunges out of there.

If it was your very first time lifting legs, or your first time from an extended break, it will be the sorest your legs will be. Next week they wont be as bad and the same thing for the week after. Keep at it, eventually it stops being painful and becomes addictive!

Flexor is offline Banned
    TCEL didn't make the thread, it was Corey. However, your points are valid and apply to any individual, Gun. I believe TCEL is an experienced lifter like yourself

whoops, my bad TCEL...honest mistake

doby48 is offline Female Member
    Totally normal, I'm assuming your quads are the muscle that are still sore here... they are a large muscle so it is possible to be sure a couple of few days later, just like the chest.
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

Yeah, its basically my quads that are still sore, and no, I didn't do lunges. I did squats and leg press. could be why they're sore.

Flexor is offline Banned
    You could add in lunges as an auxilliary exercise for the quads and glutes. They are excellent. You might need to take out the leg press depending how you feel.

Do short lunges to hit the quads, long lunges to hit the glutes harder.

Thread Information