Thread: Arm Blaster

24labor is offline Anabolic Member

Arm Blaster

I was flipping through Arnolds bible for the hell of it and saw the picture with him using the arm blaster. Anyone ever use one of these or are the history?

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    Damn kids.. Thanks for making me feel old. hahahahaah

Heck yeah every good gym used to have one of those badboys.. . Now did they work? I guess so as it kept people from "trying" to lift too much weight and it worked like a standing preacher curl.. I blasted my arms from a small 11" to a huge manly 11.5" monster in only 2 years.. J/k.

I doubt you will see these things anywhere but I always thought they were fun to work with.

Oldman

ive seen them and ive used them. I don't think they did anything for me that preachers didnt do, but i also don't do preachers anymore.

singern is offline Banned
    You can find them at resale shops like "Play it again Sports" stores. I use it occasionally, but like the others have said its allot like preacher's.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by 24labor
    I was flipping through Arnolds bible for the hell of it and saw the picture with him using the arm blaster. Anyone ever use one of these or are the history?
    I had one as a teenager. I believe it is still in my parents basement. It is not similar to a preacher curl due to the fact that the upper arm is parallel with the torso. In the preacher curl, the upper arm is flexed to 45 degrees or more (depending on the angle you use). You will stress different heads of the biceps with this varied upper arm angle.

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Papi93
    I had one as a teenager. I believe it is still in my parents basement. It is not similar to a preacher curl due to the fact that the upper arm is parallel with the torso. In the preacher curl, the upper arm is flexed to 45 degrees or more (depending on the angle you use). You will stress different heads of the biceps with this varied upper arm angle.
    Right on, the whole idea of a preacher curl is that you are 'preaching'. Just like a concentration curl you are concentrating the load on the brachialis by the same shoulder flexion. A concentration curl with the arms parallel to the torso is just a curl.

Thread Information