Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bench Pressing

Thumbs up Bench Pressing

Hey guys just wondering what your guys are all bench pressing at your max. Mine is 185 but im only 16 so dont laugh to hard haha

Papa John is offline New Member
    that's not bad at all, wish I benched that much when I was your age. I just started benching 2 months ago ( I always put it aside because I didn't want to make a fool of myself). I'm 20, 5'10, weigh 157lbs, bench 250. I'm definetly one of the smaller guys on here .

250 is really good for someone who only weighs 157 punds keep up the good work man

Compaq is offline Junior Member
    i'm 21 160lbs I can bench 275lbs 6 times. See my picture in pic forum. CELLTECH!

Papa John is offline New Member
    Originally posted by Little Jonah
    250 is really good for someone who only weighs 157 punds keep up the good work man
    thanks man

Compaq, you only way 160? You look at least 175 in the pic. BTW, I love the boxers

SUPERDAVE is offline Banned
    200lbs benching 260
    I'm 6'2" so give me a break. I have long arms also. I'm doomed to have a measly bench

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    I'm 22. 5ft 8in 180lbs 10% bf and max bench 335lbs so far.....

Ryanhallmark is offline Senior Member
    What does max Bench really mean.. It is like saying that you try harder to do heavy weight in the Bench press than any thing else...
    Whats your max bent row...

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    i am not on that part of my cycle yet (i periodize) but it is around 255.

ryanhallmark I actually used to know. I would max in most of my excersizes as at the end of my cycle. so dont think that maxing bench is stupid. it is very useful to know how much you gained. of course my cycle is on a six month schedule and i havent done bent row at this cycle (i pick some excersices that i rotate through and switch up after every cycle)

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Question,

How do you figure out your max bench? I mean if I go and guess what I could do for 1 rep, put it on the bar and it works then I probably am toast for my chest workout, right? Don't you impact your whole workout whenever you try to do a 1 rep max? I have seen another post where you put in the weight and the reps and it uses a calculation to tell you what your 1 rep max would be. If I do 315 for 4 reps and that is my 5th set on a pyramid up then your guess is as good as mine to what my max is and I wouldn't go out of my way to figure it out. I'm happy as long as that top set either gets 1 or two more reps or a little more weight.

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    I'm finished doing 1 rep maxes on just about anything. Personally, I don't really have a need for them, other than to boost my ego. Say I am getting 315 for 12, and 405 for 4, why do I need to put 430 on there and pull something busting ass for one. By the way, I use those two numbers (315, 405) and the number of reps I can do to guage if I'm getting stronger....

maximized is offline Junior Member
    I dont like or ever max myself. but then again, i dont use the bar very often either...usually dumbell presses. but im 24, weight: 190lbs, and i usually do a warmup, a set of like 8-10 with 100's, then ill do a set of like 4-5 with 110's and have to come back down to 100's for another 5-6.

peace..

-max

03733+$ is offline Associate Member
    I havent maxed out, lately
    But Imost Ive done was 275 3 times at the end of my work out!
    Still wokring hard though!

Fullback0934 is offline New Member
    15yrs old, 5'8, 300lb bench

no joke

Studly Hungwell is offline New Member
    Most of the big benchers in my gym are fat fucks who think they are the shit. One guy comes in there late afternoon with a few of his buddies and gets a spot from both of them. This fat fuckers loads up eight plates, bounces this shit and his spotter do like deadlift/bent over rows helping him along the way. He gets up for the high five and they say "its all you!"

Makes me want to go over and bash him over the head with a 45 pound plate!

What impresses me is a max deadlift. You use much more muscle and if you try to cheat, it will be the last trip to the gym you will ever make.

skiboy is offline Associate Member
    i'm 170, 5'10'' and benching 270

Tystick is offline Junior Member
    Im in totall agreement with Studly. I see this big guys, load on a ton of plates and bench with horible form never doing anything but chest and back, everyday. I hear them making fun of the guys in the sit-up area, I would like to see them do just one crunch.
    Sorry, I guess that thread hit a nerve.

My Bench is only around 225 but I only measure what I can do with good form for at least 5 reps, I never go below that. I am 6'5" and 200.

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    Not to flame anybody but why do you care what the "fat fucks" do anyways. I don't care what people bench if they look or act like that, anyways it's all about the total package. If you look good and can only bench 300lb then that's all you should worry about.

demetri is offline Member
    I can't help but feel I've joined a pissing contest but here goes.

I'm 5'5" and 165 pounds and I bench 295 for 5 reps. I've tried 315 but fore some reason I can't do one. My spotter says that I'm doing it but I never see his hands leave the bar.

That brings me to my biggest beef with some people spotting. I don't like people touching the bar at all. It makes me think I'm not doing anything, which is why I usually like the dumbbells and avoid getting a spot.

When I was 21 and 145 I struggled with 185 pounds, it feels good that my chest has caught up to my legs.

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    Iam a powerlifter so i train for strength. I am a WPO pro bencher as well. Iam 5'9 1/2 255 off season 242 competiton. I have done 562 and locked out 600 at 220lbs. Here is a pic of me doing 605 at 240lbs.

http://www.geocities.com/xdecieverx/pljay.html

This was last march. I have done more at my gym. And my goal is 700 with in 12months from now. I am currently hittin about 635 on a good day in the gym. Did 700 off a 3 brd so it will fall very soon!

xplicit is offline Member
    My motto is

"I dont care if i cant do the weight as long as i look like i can do the weight thats all that matters."

If i look like i can bench 300 but can only do 200 thats what i want and im happy
    if i look like i can bench 200 but i can do 300 thats pointless for me.

Weight is over rated. I never tried to max out cause i find it useless in terms of actually building nay muscle its used for bragging.

tracepyott is offline New Member
    im 5'6 165 max out at 365 now 17yr old, i know it sounds unbelieveable but it is th truth

vinh is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by powerlifterjay
    Iam a powerlifter so i train for strength. I am a WPO pro bencher as well. Iam 5'9 1/2 255 off season 242 competiton. I have done 562 and locked out 600 at 220lbs. Here is a pic of me doing 605 at 240lbs.

http://www.geocities.com/xdecieverx/pljay.html

This was last march. I have done more at my gym. And my goal is 700 with in 12months from now. I am currently hittin about 635 on a good day in the gym. Did 700 off a 3 brd so it will fall very soon!
    Hey powerlifterjay.. just wondering from the pic, man you are one freaking monster!!! the tihng i was going to ask is.. why do u have 2 weight plates under your foot... what does that do?

---

The rest of yous are pretty strong, i weight 143bs and only do max bench of 3reps of 176ibs and height is about 5"4 + im 17.

How the heck are you so strong.. and i see some of yous are only 15 and 17.
    Last edited by vinh; 06-06-2002 at 08:37 AM.

footballcat is offline Associate Member
    mines 270 im 6 3 230
    i think i have a disadvantage with the 34 inch long arms though

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    Vinh i have competed there before (St Petersburg Florida) and i knew from past exp[erience that their bench was abnormaly high. My first time there i couldnt figure out what was wrong with me, until i got pictures back and realized i was on my tip toes. Turns out the bench is 2 inches taller then a standerd size bench. That is why i used the plates. I have done 30 meets and that is the ONLY place i have ever done that. When your lifting at the top of your game everything must be perfect. I even measure to make sure the rings are 32 inches apart. You will be very surprised how many are different. Its just me!

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    yea bros i've seen pljay hit those weights
    my best is 445 with pljays shirt

bizznach is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by tracepyott
    im 5'6 165 max out at 365 now 17yr old, i know it sounds unbelieveable but it is th truth
    ur 17 or ru 22 cuz ur bio says ur 22???

2tuff4you is offline New Member

my bench

I am 5'7 150 lbs I can bench 205 lbs...should I be pushing more?

Don't laugh! I'm 14, have been working out for 5 months, my max is 160.

SUPERDAVE is offline Banned
    Are there any guys over 6' with a big bench?
    Does that tell you anything?
    Heighth and Reach will decide you're bench in the end
    You wanna measure strenth? DO SOME POWER CLEANS!!!!

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    i dont belive in this height and reach bull crap for benching. because regardless of how you look at it you body thickness evens everything out. i dont no just sounds like excuse when i out bench a taller guy then me at my gym, but if he lifts more then me, well ya no it was expected cuz he is bigger!

my personal best was about 340 1 rep decent form defiantly bounced it a little bit]

now i am doing about 315-320 1 rep

Tystick is offline Junior Member
    update from first post since it was so weak: 265lbs bench at 6'5" 206 still small, but a improvement for me.

tiny234 is offline Junior Member
    I have been stuck at a max of 355-365lbs since the age of 16 I am now 18 5'10 178lbs...just started decca hoping to increase the max a few lbs

cube is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by BullDogg20
    i dont belive in this height and reach bull crap for benching. because regardless of how you look at it you body thickness evens everything out. i dont no just sounds like excuse when i out bench a taller guy then me at my gym, but if he lifts more then me, well ya no it was expected cuz he is bigger!

my personal best was about 340 1 rep decent form defiantly bounced it a little bit]

now i am doing about 315-320 1 rep

bro, hope this doesn't sound like an excuse but.... (can anyone who actually knows physics explain this stuff cos i failed it in hs) think back to high school physics - the amount of energy needed to shift a weight is amongst other things, a function of the distance the weight is moved (more energy is required to lift an object 24" than 12") so the longer someone's arms, the more energy required (or force or whatever the hell it is, i failed physics but you get the idea).

only mentioning it as i'm a pretty good size (6'4" 270-275) and i can't bench for shit since my arms are really long, my deadlift on the other hand isnt so bad becasue i have short legs (i know its still not good for my size) 12x515. i try all the time to improve my bench because i want to compete in a pl meet but i can't get my bench to improve like my other lifts. any other tall guys have the same problem? we should form a support group

cube

Nico is offline Associate Member
    23yrs, 5'11, 315lb for 5. 6 on a good day. 335 for 2reps.
    Oh in this pic I was 194lbs. I am now 200lbs and a tad bit leaner.
    Last edited by Nico; 06-27-2002 at 09:35 PM.

PWROF2 is offline New Member
    Would be keen to see a pic of you now nico...

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree with tall people having a problem with the bench. Shit, I work with a guy who's about 5 inches shorter than me and he looks like he has jacked smurf arms. He hammers the bench press in such short bursts, when I saw how short of a distance he had to go, I laughed. Meanwhile, here I am struggling with 200lbs because I have a SHITLOAD of space to move the bar from my chest. With a full range of motion and working the negatives, that makes it 10X harder.

Best bench was 385lbs for 2 solid reps(no arch, no bounce) @ about 255lbs. Might've been good for 4 plates but never tried it, so the numbers stand. The trainings backed off a lot in the last few months due to some unforseen circumstances and as a result, so have all of my lifts. No stress though they're on the way back up.

big daddy j is offline New Member
    Originally posted by Studly Hungwell
    Most of the big benchers in my gym are fat fucks who think they are the shit. One guy comes in there late afternoon with a few of his buddies and gets a spot from both of them. This fat fuckers loads up eight plates, bounces this shit and his spotter do like deadlift/bent over rows helping him along the way. He gets up for the high five and they say "its all you!"

Makes me want to go over and bash him over the head with a 45 pound plate!

What impresses me is a max deadlift. You use much more muscle and if you try to cheat, it will be the last trip to the gym you will ever make.
    why dont you go over to those fat fucks and tell them how sick they make you and see what happens

alevok Guest
    285Lb, and I agree with people who think height matters when it comes to bench pressing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information