spoc is offline Junior Member

gettin back into it

whats up im just getting back into a diet/weight lifting program after 3 months of more or less pigging out and no weight lifting...i started a new job and was going through some stuff and just didnt have the motivation or time to follow my routine...so any suggestions on beginning after being off for such an extended period of time? i was 167lbs fairly lean in the summer and i am now 182lbs and im not gonna lie ive become pretty soft lol...i wanna know whats the best method to drop my weight again, get my strength back, is it going to be like starting from scratch or will my old body be easier to regain again?

well if its 3 months its not going to take much to get back into it...if you 'meant' 3 years then youre going to have some work to do. start out light with the basics (deads, squats, bench, and rows) and eventually you'll increase weight to incorporate secondary exercises.
    as far as losing weight, building muscle will take that weight off...basically quit eating sh!t and lift some weights and it will come off.

Flexor is offline Banned
    I'm not sure what timespan you were talking, but its not too much of a problem either way. Start a weights routine with the basic exercises like Gun suggests, but concentrate on 3-5x per week cardio at 65% MHR for 45mins. Diet is more important though. You will start to drop the pounds whilst also getting your muscles nicely accustomed to lifting, and you could even gain some muscle. Once you are happy with your weight you can then change your diet and go for maximum bulk.

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GunTotingHipGangster
    well if its 3 months its not going to take much to get back into it...if you 'meant' 3 years then youre going to have some work to do. start out light with the basics (deads, squats, bench, and rows) and eventually you'll increase weight to incorporate secondary exercises.
    as far as losing weight, building muscle will take that weight off...basically quit eating sh!t and lift some weights and it will come off.

I agree, when I have layoffs I usually start back doing the basic's (Squats, bench, military press, lat pulls and either deads or power cleans).

I do them all with light weight and I go to failure with each set. you'll get sore as shit for a few days but the high reps will help recover your muscular endurance faster.
    good luck!

~R

spoc is offline Junior Member
    sweet sounds good i feel like shit too cant wait to start again...not lookin forward to being sore just the slightest touch hurts like hell the day after lol

Thread Information