210-6foot is offline Junior Member

What Is Up With This?

I always knew a couple of guys at the gym who would work out 5-6 times a week, working out for 2-4 hours a day. Some big dudes and some decent size guys. I am guessing this isn't proper workout, but is it all in there head working out with no rest?

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 210-6foot
    I always knew a couple of guys at the gym who would work out 5-6 times a week, working out for 2-4 hours a day. Some big dudes and some decent size guys. I am guessing this isn't proper workout, but is it all in there head working out with no rest?
    Arnold and the old school guys used to do the same thing, good genes man some people have them some dont if I did that I would overtrain like whoa.

Canadiantiger is offline Associate Member
    Some people can Most would overtrain. Although some may work out slow talking to everyone who will listen and will do in 2-4 hours what I do in 40-50 mins.

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    i used to lift six days a week for around 2 hours a day... and i wondered why i wasn't growing

JayceonTaylor is offline New Member
    Even if it did require that much effort (2-4hrs), how could you justify it?!

Unless you were a pro, or had asprirations to be one, no way. Live life! lol

210-6foot is offline Junior Member
    I thought your muscles stop reacting to growth within 45mins - 60 of lifting?

Flexor is offline Banned
    You are thinking of cortisol, it is produced by the body during prolonged exercise as an anti-inflammatory. It inhibits muscle growth. However, it is not to do with reacting to growth, growth is the reaction to the muscle damage and occurs outside the gym not during the hour! Too much exercise leads to cortisol which inhibits the growth reaction. Not only that but you just feel knackered after 60 minutes, your CNS is tired and is overtrained and its just not necessary.

BigJames is offline Senior Member
    I am not sure what you mean by this. The risk when training for that long is overtraining...your muscles do not grow while you lift, they grow while you rest AFTER lifting.

Thread Information