Thread: Biceps

Thor31 is offline New Member

Biceps

My problem is I can never seem to get the top part of my bi's a hard pump from the armpit to the middle of my bicep all my excercise get my forearm to lower middle bi. I've tried every excercise out their I think. PLease help

Flexor is offline Banned
    You appear to have a larger pump toward the bottom end of your bicep, but it is no different to the top. The brachialis muscle lies laterally and distally to the long head of the bicep, that is it is underneath the bottom part of your bicep. So when the brachialis muscle becomes pumped during curling activities, it pushes out the bottom end of your bicep and gives the appearance of a great pump. It will also feel tighter toward the bottom. Towards the top of the bicep, there is a small muscle called the coracobrachialis that lies medially and proximally underneath the bicep, but this is not large enough to force out the top end of the bicep. You are pumping your bicep equally, do not worry what you you see it not a problem. Everyone gets this. In reality a pump will occur in a muscle how it will occur, you cannot alter it because it is dependent on original muscle shape and the whole of the muscle contracting.

Click here for an illustration

Although the shape and location of the muscle on the diagram is not entirely accurate, it is adequate for illustrative purposes.
    Last edited by Flexor; 01-13-2006 at 03:39 PM.

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Thor, have you tried standing bbell 21s?
    You can hit the top of the bicep with the partial movement from the middle of the bbell curl to the top. Instead of doing just seven reps for this part, you could do ten.
    So seven reps from the bottom of the movement to the middle, then 10 reps from the middle to the top (really let the weight pull at your biceps when lowering the bar from the top to the middle). Then finish off with seven full reps.

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sozey
    Thor, have you tried standing bbell 21s?
    You can hit the top of the bicep with the partial movement from the middle of the bbell curl to the top. Instead of doing just seven reps for this part, you could do ten.
    So seven reps from the bottom of the movement to the middle, then 10 reps from the middle to the top (really let the weight pull at your biceps when lowering the bar from the top to the middle). Then finish off with seven full reps.
    Sorry to barge in here, but doing a partial movement does not target a portion of a muscle. There is a gradual and uniform contraction of all myofibrils along the length of a muscle fibre as you continue to contract. Just because you are performing the top part of the motion does not mean it will target the top part of the biceps. Remember, the insertion is on the forearm anyway, if anything that is where stress is greatest on the fibres joined to that tendon right at the bottom where leverage is highest, not at the top

21s are a good bicep pumper though, heavy partial reps are probably more effective though as a mass builder.

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    Just because you are performing the top part of the motion does not mean it will target the top part of the biceps. Remember, the insertion is on the forearm anyway, if anything that is where stress is greatest on the fibres joined to that tendon right at the bottom where leverage is highest, not at the top

21s are a good bicep pumper though, heavy partial reps are probably more effective though as a mass builder.
    I stand humbly corrected.

Thor31 is offline New Member
    Thanks, Big help guys. No more worries. I have tried 21's, I get a great pump. Thanks again, Thor

Thread Information