Big Rush is offline The Juice Man

When curling, it feels like my bone is going to break!

When I do curls (usually the worst on standing preacher curl with barbell) it feels like my forearm bone is going to snap or some shit. I have very strong bones, never had a broken one <<knocks on wood>>. I don't believe it's my form. Anyone else experience this??

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    if im going too heavy and i tend to grip the bar to hard and i get pains in my fore arm , you might also try different positions with your hands

CrazyRussian is offline Associate Member
    be careful with that, i got stress fractures in my arm (humurus) spelling** from doing bench and military, dont let it get so bad that you cant lift up your sheets in the morning.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Your going too heavy by the sounds of things. In my younger days I was guilty of the same thing. I have found that my biceps respond much better to moderate weight and high reps (ie 10-12 reps) twice a week than a heavy (6-8 reps) once a week.

Bouncer

Thanks for the advice. You are probably right Bouncer, for the weight that I do, my bi's should be much bigger...should I lower the weight and just focus on more reps???? I want to bulk up, is this the best idea for that??

yes i alwayz get that feeling in my forarms....... just try to do a little less wiehgt.... but if u want mass u have to do high reps with low wieghts, so sorry dont have any real good advice for yah

Originally posted by Little Jonah
    ... but if u want mass u have to do high reps with low wieghts,
    I thought for mass it's "high weight low reps" asnd cutting/strength is "high reps low weight"????

FREAK2 is offline New Member
    Big Rush,
    it sounds like you are gripping the bar to hard. i use to get the same thing, but when i loosened up my grip it got a better.
    Also, your correct on the mass, muscle mass gets bigger from lifting heavy weight and lower reps.

Thread Information