Thread: Wrists hurt

Wrists hurt

Just wonderin if any one elses wrists hurt while doin split jerks or clean and jerks? I know you can use tape and stuff but i just dont like that. Any suggestions or somethin im doin wrong.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    IMHO - wrists wraps are eventually necessary for most trainees. I had to start using them when my wrists started sliding whenever benching over 3 plates... wrapping them up keeps helps keep the hand/grip sturdy.

The wrists are made up of tiny little bones that prolly were never designed for the abuse we like to push our bodies through during a heavy workout. You keep gettin' bigger - but there are things that can't... like internal filtering organs, your CNS, and the little itty-bitty bones in your wrists...

I do avoid wrapping larger joints - like the knees and elbows. Those I do feel should be able to keep up... unless I am eventually benching a Hummer and/or Squating a stadium. If you wrap them up and give them support too early - you run the risk of never giving them the chance to build up. But IMO, wrists are the first thing (and possible the only thing for some) that will end up needing support.

Alright thanks bro, i didnt know that about the wrists, i just thought it was cause i put them in the wrong position while doin the lift. I'll have to pick up some wrists wraps. Im somewhat new to powerlifting, but not that new, i know correct form, i just wish i had someone at my gym to let me know what im lookin like. I find myself during later reps, almost bouncing the weight off of my legs.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Ah, I thought I was just being a pussy. Glad to see I'm not the only one complaining about this.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Im-Your-Huckleberry
    Alright thanks bro, i didnt know that about the wrists, i just thought it was cause i put them in the wrong position while doin the lift. I'll have to pick up some wrists wraps. Im somewhat new to powerlifting, but not that new, i know correct form, i just wish i had someone at my gym to let me know what im lookin like. I find myself during later reps, almost bouncing the weight off of my legs.
    It's a good idea to make sure you have correct form... either find a trainer who can coach you a little or start reading - find online and newsstand pubs with graphics and articles. Form is very important here...

I haven't done cleans in a long time since I don't really care for the generated momentum and the jerking but I'll BUMP this for anyone who has...

Ha, i thought i was just bein a pussy also, but the pain started to get pretty strong during later sets. I know it is very important to have perfect form, ive been reading all that i can, and i will definately try and pick up some articles with graphics and such that i can maybe follow. Thanks, much appriciated

pelly789 is offline Member
    i did some power cleans about a month ago and both of my wrists were sore for like 2 months so i went to the doctor and he told me i had a bone compression where the joint was basically crushed together and needed time to grow apart so i took off a month completely from lifting and it went away maybe thatll help

Thread Information