Nworb is offline Associate Member

Dips Kill My Shoulders

whenever i do dips it feels like my shoulders are ripping apart...I can do the dips no problem...but I always have to stop cause of my shoulders...Am I doing them improperly..what changes should i make???
    --Nworb

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    use CG bench almost as effective MUCH esier on shouldrs

if ur a panzy u kan do CG bench on decline

2 things u might be going to low and putting mad stress on ur front delts

also pull ur knees up to your chest when u do them so u feel of balance.. this will make u incorp more chest less shoulder.. i know it sounds like a krok but try it,

Chookster is offline Associate Member
    if there is a certain exercise that causes pain like that i try to avoid it all together. i try to substitute a different exercise that hits the same muscle but doesnt hurt.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Nworb
    whenever i do dips it feels like my shoulders are ripping apart...I can do the dips no problem...but I always have to stop cause of my shoulders...Am I doing them improperly..what changes should i make???
    --Nworb
    How do you perform your dips - chest-or-triceps style?

Braveheart04 is offline Associate Member
    For me I never go any lower than the bottom of my chest. I had some shoulder pain when I used to go lower, but I started not going as low and the shoulder pain went away.

its not just when i go low its the whole motion that feels like my shoulders are ripping..How close is your grip for close grip bench?
    --Nworb

its not just when i go low its the whole motion that feels like my shoulders are ripping..How close is your grip for close grip bench?
    --Nworb
    close enuff when i bring it down my hands and elbows are perfectly tucked next to me

sputnik is offline Banned
    i believe it's a matter of dipping to low...wen i last frequented a gym I did lots of dips and was very good at them...got to 3x12 with 80 pounds attached, done in very strict form, prob a 3,3 rep cadence. HOWEVER I began to feel my left shoulder feeling odd, and it was simply casue I would go down too low.

sweet thanks

sputnick...i noticed i get the feeling when i use the dip machine at the end of workouts...if i do it on just the bars at the start i am fine...so i will try moving them to the start of my workout..or do yall think i should just do close grip bench?
    --Nworb

sputnik is offline Banned
    well u could test it the once and see how u go, otherwise eah, go with the CGBP

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    use CG bench almost as effective MUCH esier on shouldrs

if ur a panzy u kan do CG bench on decline
    what is this CG bench you speak of? knees up to your chest...? what? (yes, im a retard)

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    --Nworb
    stop doing the immediately. certain exercises dont agree with certain people. maybe thats your bodies way of saying hey you bafoon stop doing this your damaging me.

i am one who doesnt like dips. for some reason, i feel like my chest is being ripped apart at the seem when i do them (and in a negative way. feel like my muscels might snap and to much pressure on joints for me)

Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    what is this CG bench you speak of? knees up to your chest...? what? (yes, im a retard)
    if ur retarded.. and 2 retarded people should never congrigate together.. when we are in TROUBLE...

anyways Close grip bench = CG (keeping hands INSIDE shoulder width)

Doing Dips, most people lean forward and do a complete motion putting mad stress on the anterior delt and rotator cuff, by pulling the knees to the chest (makes me look like a lil Tai'Ball) u shift weight/stress around and it will cause u to flare elbows and stay more upright which will help immensely w/ the pain induced by the leaning forward type of dip.

its really HARD to explain just GOTTA try it

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    no i got it now...wow that sounds interesting. i have had shoulder trouble while doing dips also, so i will definitely try it. thanks tai!

fighterinsnatch is offline Junior Member
    I had some sort of right shoulder injury about a 5 weeks ago and the only thing I can't do are dips and decline dumbell presses. I have no idea why yours would be hurting though. Good luck mate.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    no i got it now...wow that sounds interesting. i have had shoulder trouble while doing dips also, so i will definitely try it. thanks tai!
    always obliged to help a fellow tardling!

Thread Information