Tommy Gunn is offline Member

Deadlifts on their own day

I used to do deadlifts on back day (along with rows, pulldowns, and bis). But I have no energy after the deadlifts so the rest of my workout is crap.

So, I was thinking of taking one day out of the week and just doing deadlifts.

Is this a good idea? Does anyone else do this?

Grappler13 is offline Productive Member

Last

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Gunn
    I used to do deadlifts on back day (along with rows, pulldowns, and bis). But I have no energy after the deadlifts so the rest of my workout is crap.

I have always done them at the END of the workout. You're warm and your hands are tired which really works your forearms. ALso, I do them randomly: three times a week but laybe three days straight or evry other. Whatever tghe body wants to do.

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    when i do deadlifts i do them on their own. it's such an ass kicker if you go really heavy and it wears me out so i go really heavy for 5 sets and call it good with maybe a couple sets of chins to finish it off.

Jayhawk21 is offline Junior Member
    Is doing them after squat day a horrible idea?

BTW, I see alot of guys complain about their forearms bustin' out on them when they do deads. I could dead a whole hell of alot more if my calisis on my hand didn't start to hurt. It's not my forearms, or my grip I don't think just my hands come into excruciating pain when I do them. I've tried gloves but they just don't work or feel right. I can't find straps newhere around my town..and I don't even understand how they work. I kinoff slouw

Canadiantiger is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawk21

BTW, I see alot of guys complain about their forearms bustin' out on them when they do deads. I could dead a whole hell of alot more if my calisis on my hand didn't start to hurt. It's not my forearms, or my grip I don't think just my hands come into excruciating pain when I do them. I've tried gloves but they just don't work or feel right. I can't find straps newhere around my town..and I don't even understand how they work. I kinoff slouw

You could try using sponges. The 3*4inch dish sponges. Put one in each hand then grip bar.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member

i wouldn't wanna do them the day after squats. i'd try to space them 3-4 days apart.

check out atp's pro wrist straps. http://www.prowriststraps.com/lifting_straps

doby48 is offline Female Member
    I do deadlifts every week (actually my current routine I do SLDL every week). I split my routine so that I do my SLDL on Lower Back/Hamstring day (FRI) and my squats are done on Quads/Abs day (TUE) this allows me to do both of them spaced out enough.
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"

use chalk, end of problem, protcts your hands and hekps your grip,.its that simple, fck straps abd fck gloves! you may also want to work on grip strength, i deadlift a lot of weigh and i never use straps and have no forearm problems, it wasn't always like this, it took time and work,.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Gunn

do deads 3 -4 days afte squats like mr stamos said, also deadlift is a core lift always do itfirst, you will be using alot of muscle groups , . my offseason powerlifting routine lookslike this, dead lift 2-3 set of 3 to 6 reps, than high bar box squats 2 sets of 8-6 reps, SLDL 2 sets of 6 - 8 reps, and a pulldown exercise for 3 ses of ten. after the dead all my other work i keep moderate, not very heavy at all, cash inon the dead and do your auxillaries not exerting you full potential

themetalmich is offline Junior Member
    I agree with JAYROD. deadlifts kick so many muscle groups ass all at the same time. once you're done, chose one of those muscle groups to "finish off"
    Ie after deadlifts, do some light rows. or some hamstring curls, or some chins or even some light shrugs. whatever you want. even leg extensions. I've been doing it that way for years.

Thread Information