themetalmich is offline Junior Member

Light weight/high rep day

hi guys and gals.

I've been lifting for a while. I recently took a year off , got fat and now I'm back as of last july.
    for now, I stick to the basics. presses, deadlifts, barbel curls and tri extentions.
    I'm 240lbs and have no problem gaining size.
    My question is, what do you guys think about throwing a full body workout in my routine using light wieght high reps once a week, to keep my muscle "shape" in check. as not to become too "bulky

any suggestions?

ps-my avatar is from LAST year

Quote Originally Posted by themetalmich
    hi guys and gals.

I've been lifting for a while. I recently took a year off , got fat and now I'm back as of last july.
    for now, I stick to the basics. presses, deadlifts, barbel curls and tri extentions.
    I'm 240lbs and have no problem gaining size.
    My question is, what do you guys think about throwing a full body workout in my routine using light wieght high reps once a week, to keep my muscle "shape" in check. as not to become too "bulky

any suggestions?
    If you are worried about becoming too bulky, than we should be asking you the questions.

Flexor is offline Banned
    Once again, light weight highs reps won't tone you or add shape. Mass adds shape, you cannot alter shape other than increasing your mass to fulfill your genetic profile. High reps will increase the endurance of your muscles and cause a little hypertrophy in your slow twitch, also it will give you a pump and burn from the lactic acid. High reps may help to maintain slow twitch muscle, but you would start to lose some fast twitch muscle which accounts for the bulk of it. Also, barbell curls and tri extensions are not the basics, the basics would be pullups, close grip bench and dips. Those isolating exercises are auxilliaries, whereas the others are basic compound exercises and those are the ones you always want to stick to.

hmmmmmmmmm. Thanks guys

Thread Information