thatgirl23 is offline Female Member

Please help a girl out

I am trying to build up a lot of muscle and after doing some research I came up with the following split:

Sat-Chest & Triceps
    Sun-Legs & Calves
    Mon-Abs
    Tues-Back, Biceps & Forearms
    Wed-Shoulder & Traps
    Thurs-off
    Fri-off

Would it be ok if I switched the tues and wed workouts or would that not be a wise idea? Also, should I be superseting the workouts? Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Flexor is offline Banned
    It would be fine either way because there is enough rest between back and legs and chest and shoulders for both combos. Whatever you prefer. Don't superset everything no, you can occasionally do it, I'd only recommend on light exercises such as isolations.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    you can also work ur calves more than once per week and i would work your forarms more than once per week as well

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    wow, a girl thats really into lifting?... i love you

I think that your split is great...it allows your muscles enough recovery time.

So, you have recovery in your routine, now add variation. You probably know ways of doing this. Many people change exercises or change the order in which they perform exercises, which is ok. Changes in intensity and load are more important than changes in exercises. One way I would do this is by doing what I call a 6/12 routine. 6 reps one week and 12 the next...alternate these rep ranges. It is a simple way of changing the intensity and the load that your muscles are under. Or you could alternate HIT and VOLUME.

Thread Information