KingMike is offline Associate Member

Bad inury, need split advice

My friend recently fell and injured his back and front section in construction. He has been serious about bodybuilding for 4 years and wanted me to ask you guys what he should do. The doctor told him he cannot do any pushing or pulling movements for 2-4 months. He is still going to do some leg work and wanted to know if it is a waste of time to work arms only. He is the type that feels that your arms are only as big as you bench and pulling movements are. He does have 17 inch arms and usually works his arms after back and chest. Shold he have a workout dedicated to arms?

well taking off up to 4 months is going to lose alot of mass, but if he works his arms in the mean time, his bench won't be as hard to regain because his triceps will still be well maintained.

If i was in that situation i probably would lift every muscle group i could, but not to gain weight, just to maintain. If he hits the weights hard its going to take longer for his injury to heal. Can he do light weight/high reps for chest of back? That would definatly help.

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    [QUOTE=KingMike]he cannot do any pushing or pulling movements [QUOTE]

= No lifting basically.

Quote Originally Posted by KingMike
    My friend recently fell and injured his back and front section in construction. He has been serious about bodybuilding for 4 years and wanted me to ask you guys what he should do. The doctor told him he cannot do any pushing or pulling movements for 2-4 months. He is still going to do some leg work and wanted to know if it is a waste of time to work arms only. He is the type that feels that your arms are only as big as you bench and pulling movements are. He does have 17 inch arms and usually works his arms after back and chest. Shold he have a workout dedicated to arms?
    No person on this board would really be able to answer that question...he knows the extent of his injury and what his limitations are. If he has been lifting for 4 years he should have picked up some knowledge that he can apply to his known limitations of his injury and therefore, he should know what he can and cannot do.

Thread Information