Thread: Work-out Times

macka1975 is offline New Member

Work-out Times

Just a quick one.
    I have read in numerous mags and on the web that a workout session should last around 45-60min. Is this still the same when on a cycle or should you go a bit longer with the extra test in your system?

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by macka1975
    Just a quick one.
    I have read in numerous mags and on the web that a workout session should last around 45-60min. Is this still the same when on a cycle or should you go a bit longer with the extra test in your system?
    Dont rush your workouts do what you gotta do and go. My workouts last around 60-75 mins but some need a little longer I mean the bigger you are the more you do requires more rest between sets. As for being on juice you can over train even with test in you. Just push yourself even harder in the gym dont get all crazy and throw in 4 extra sets and such I mean maybe a set or 2 if you feel it's nessecary but if you up your intesity during the workout and eat eat and sleep. If you find your not growing check your diet first

TADOLFI is offline Member
    I'm usually 60 minutes.
    If I'm on anything, I'll up the poundage and add a couple extra reps.

doby48 is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 24labor
    the bigger you are the more you do requires more rest between sets
    True? I've never heard that one before. I though I remember seeing a post by swole a while back that he was out of the gym in approx 30 minutes and hes a pretty big guy. I guess I can't speak from experience being a female, since we don't get as big as guys do but I've never heard that before.

Anyways, make sure you have a good routine and you aren't overworking anything. As far as rest time between sets, I don't use a clock or anything and I start my next set based on when my heartrate says I'm good to start the next one. Don't take huge breaks but give yourself enough time between sets. Don't worry about the clock, just get your work in (assuming you have a good routine) rest as much as your body tells you to, not more, and you're good.
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

Quote Originally Posted by doby48
    True? I've never heard that one before. I though I remember seeing a post by swole a while back that he was out of the gym in approx 30 minutes and hes a pretty big guy. I guess I can't speak from experience being a female, since we don't get as big as guys do but I've never heard that before.

Anyways, make sure you have a good routine and you aren't overworking anything. As far as rest time between sets, I don't use a clock or anything and I start my next set based on when my heartrate says I'm good to start the next one. Don't take huge breaks but give yourself enough time between sets. Don't worry about the clock, just get your work in (assuming you have a good routine) rest as much as your body tells you to, not more, and you're good.
    I forgot where I read it but I remember someone talking about the huge poundage lifters put up then take long breaks in order to recover and ATP to restore itself. Perhaps someone can make sense of this

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    i can never squeeze my lift into an hour. im usually in there for about 90mins. i would go with whats comfortable for you

Quote Originally Posted by kloter1
    i can never squeeze my lift into an hour. im usually in there for about 90mins. i would go with whats comfortable for you
    right dont rush anythign but dont go there to socialize do what you gotta do and get some PWO in ya

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    that all depend how many days you are in the gym if you lift 5-6 days a wk, than a half hour is possible, if you lift 3 times a wk, it nmay take you an hour nd half because you have more work to do since you aren'tin the gym as often. 60miniutes is optimal;, but an hour anf a half won't kill you either. listen to your body, if you feel burned out with long workouts, then cut the time back, and if you are on GEAR imo your worout frequency is higher a well as recpueration time so yes you cando more time that the average drug free lifter.

Kurz is offline Member
    When people say 1.5 hours in the gym, I find 99% spend wayyyy toooo much time gabbing and resting......90 sec. rest MAX between lighter lifts, 2-3minutes between heavier.........so, squats and deads and bench may be upwards of 2-3 mins, but fly, leg ext., calves, etc, 90 seconds max.

Thread Information