asterix is offline Banned

........the way i train.............

people . tell me your views on the way i train my chest . good or bad it dont matter. here goes.

ill do ten sets on the bench every 1till failure -8-10 reps - lowering the weights a little ech time

same again with flyes but without dropping the weights

then inclined bench press 8-10 reps 5 sets

then ill finish it with the pec dec .. ill go pretty light , i lower it slowly and push as hard and fast as i can for 10-12 . . i can only ever do 3 sets of these. each set on the pec dec burns like a motherf**er i can really feel all the blood vessels ( i think theyre called vessels ) bursting.

it works well for me . what do you think of training like this?

Flexor is offline Banned
    IMO its crazy and ridiculous. 28 sets? 10 bench 10 flyes 10 incline 3 pec dec?

Have you heard of cortisol? Its a hormone released by the body in response to overkill, it inhibits muscle growth and acts as an anti-inflammatory. Far too much volume, far too much failure. Your CNS will be completely toasted which will limit muscle gains and strength gains.

You will find a program of 8 sets far more effective. Some would say you are training your muscles to fail, I would say you are training your muscles for endurance instead of size. You can only do that amount of volume because your muscles have become endurance adapted. If you switched to a high intensity low volume routine with a few different exercises you would see new growth.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by asterix
    what do you think of training like this?
    I'd grossly over train on that chest program.I like drop sets as well,but to do 10 sets of them is crazy.Then you go on and do more chest work?I can see doing one drop sets at the end of each exercise to totally fatigue the muscle,not 10 consecutive sets..my word...
    I don't like the order of your exercises either.Why a stretch(flies) movement in the middle of the program?And I see no need for the pec deck if you are doing flies.Over kill to me.

~Pinnacle~

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    people . tell me your views on the way i train my chest . good or bad it dont matter. here goes.

ill do ten sets on the bench every 1till failure -8-10 reps - lowering the weights a little ech time why all to failure, why 10 sets?

same again with flyes but without dropping the weights

thenpec dec inc, bench press 8-10 reps 5 sets why 5 sets?

then ill finish it with the pec dec .. ill go pretty light , i lower it slowly and push as hard and fast as i can for 10-12 . . i can only ever do 3 sets of these. each set on the pec dec burns like a motherf**er i can really feel all the blood vessels ( i think theyre called vessels ) bursting.
    why pec dec, ?
    it works well for me . what do you think of training like this?
    unless you've built a mamoth of a chest i don't think pec dec ect is worth that much....

what is the protocol behind this routine why are you doing 10 sets on flat bench and 5 on inc, imo thats just not needed..

Flexor is offline Banned
    Good points Pinn, S.P.G. There is quite a lot wrong with it, the exercise order, sets per exercise etc etc

dude, there are TONS of routines posted and critiqued....find one of the threads and build a workout...no one can tell you exactly what to do, but we can get pretty close....mostly you just have to see what you respond to the best

ive only been lifting for about a year so ive still got tons to learn , i didnt think cortisol would be a problem while using steroids . also i cant understand how less sets will give better results , im not saying i disagree with anyone i just can see how 8 sets per bodypart is gonna make me grow. before i started lifting weights i was 5 "11 and 142 pounds ive done 1 cycle but cut it short because my skin was going yellow . a year later im 186 pounds. and have just started a sus an dbol cycle .
    are my gains good -bad or average ? for the type of training i do

ive only been lifting for about a year so ive still got tons to learn , i didnt think cortisol would be a problem while using steroids . also i cant understand how less sets will give better results , im not saying i disagree with anyone i just can see how 8 sets per bodypart is gonna make me grow. before i started lifting weights i was 5 "11 and 142 pounds ive done 1 cycle but cut it short because my skin was going yellow . a year later im 186 pounds. and have just started a sus an dbol cycle .
    are my gains good -bad or average ? for the type of training i do

Very STUPID.

Put down the steroids and walk away little fella.

Flexor is offline Banned
    8 sets is better than 25 because you don't overtrain. Intensity and volume are worst enemies. High intensity low volume is the best for muscle growth.

You've made good gains, you can't stay on steroids all the time to make sure your muscles don't overtrain. THe CNS will still be left behind in the recovery stakes...

EDIT: hellmask, agree with ya. Steroids during your first year of lifting is not only stupid, but pointless. You need muscle maturity to benefit from steroids, and its only any good if diet and training is right on.
    Last edited by Flexor; 01-16-2006 at 12:42 PM.

lol.. i used steroids fro six weeks not a year thats what i meant by cutting it short ive never really done a real cycle

Flexor is offline Banned
    lol.. i used steroids fro six weeks not a year thats what i meant by cutting it short ive never really done a real cycle
    I didn't mean that you did it for a year. I meant that you can't stay on steroids forever to avoid cortisol. A 6 week cycle in your first year of lifting is the silly thing, having done a cycle at all!

asterix your wasting your health by doing steroids with out properly knowing how to grow as a natural. If you can't grow natty, you will grow some with steroids ,but right when you come off you will not keep what you've gained, due to lack of training knowledge/experience.

Flexor is offline Banned
    Staying natural is amazing, knowing that you are getting everything out of your body naturally. Only when you cannot get anymore out of your body after years and years of lifting, say 5-10, then steroids are appropriate IMO.

Also you need to have been lifting years to strengthen and toughen your tendons and ligaments. If you take steroids without having matured in this department, muscle strength outweighs tendon strength and it can lead to horrific debilitating tendon injuries.

ive only been lifting for about a year so ive still got tons to learn
    this i agree with^^

also i cant understand how less sets will give better results , im not saying i disagree with anyone i just can see how 8 sets per bodypart is gonna make me grow
    because of this^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    Staying natural is amazing, knowing that you are getting everything out of your body naturally. Only when you cannot get anymore out of your body after years and years of lifting, say 5-10, then steroids are appropriate IMO.

Also you need to have been lifting years to strengthen and toughen your tendons and ligaments. If you take steroids without having matured in this department, muscle strength outweighs tendon strength and it can lead to horrific debilitating tendon injuries.
    Your right,i only hope he's listing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellmask
    asterix your wasting your health by doing steroids with out properly knowing how to grow as a natural. If you can't grow natty, you will grow some with steroids ,but right when you come off you will not keep what you've gained, due to lack of training knowledge/experience.
    100% agreed , some good advice in this thread.....
    Last edited by S.P.G; 01-16-2006 at 01:43 PM.

fair play s.p.g your a right proper arsehole.

Flexor is offline Banned
    Immature comments such as this aren't tolerated on this board. You have been given fair advice, whether you choose to listen or not is up to you, but you can't be abusive just because of a little constructive criticism and general advice. There is a reason S.P.G's custom title is 'AR Workout Scientist', it means he knows what he is talking about.
    Last edited by Flexor; 01-16-2006 at 02:25 PM.

I've helped out more ppl in this forum than you have had workouts m8...

why do you choose to say the things you say when you clearly know nothing of what your talking about, then expect no flames

It's like me going to a tennis forum and telling them how to play, lol i know nothing about tennis so i wouldn't.

And bro, im just telling you like it is i am no arsehole,

i didnt do anyhting to deserve you tryin to humiliating me . ive read articles where body builders do 60 sets per bodypart and have won titles .

o an nearly 4000 post in under a year.. im telling it like it is.

your a post whore junkie . . and an arsehole.. later baby

i didnt do anyhting to deserve you tryin to humiliating me . ive read articles where body builders do 60 sets per bodypart and have won titles .

W.T.F Noob search all my posts and tell me im a whore, my posts speak for them selves.

I see your haveing trouble holding a conversation without being insulting,

Your making your self look like a retard, so i don't need to insult you as your are doing a good job of it your self...lol

{builders do 60 sets per bodypart and have won titles.}
    HMMMMMMMMM as for this, do some research as you will find that many pros, are mega dosing HGH and steroids ect, ect, helping to prevent overtraining so with there already unbelievable genetics they'll be fine.

As for you well thats another story.
    Last edited by S.P.G; 01-16-2006 at 03:34 PM.

He wasn't trying to humiliate you, but trying to actually help.
    asterix, you should be happy people are trying to help YOU out, In this world help is hard to find.
    Remember what your doing to your body, is not benefiting you as of now.
    If you have anger from being considered a fool for juicing at the wrong time,and lifting the wrong way , then let it out in the gym through some workouts.
    There is not one workout that everybody does to get big, find what workout works best for you. Some say do it 3 days a week while others like me lift 5-6 days a week. Do what you grow best with.

Put down the juice. Size will come, it takes time. When you stop gaining from years of natural training and feel it is time to juice because you reached your potential then there you go.

You should apologize to S.P.G., he has helped many on this forum , and doesn't need bashed.

Flexor is offline Banned
    Good post Hellmask, good advice and very objective.

The problem with people who don't frequent the board is that they aren't around enough to realise who the respected and valued members of the board are, and they go right ahead and make a fool of themselves.

[QUOTE=Hellmask]He wasn't trying to humiliate you, but trying to actually help.
    asterix, you should be happy people are trying to help YOU out, In this world help is hard to find.
    Remember what your doing to your body, is not benefiting you as of now.
    If you have anger from being considered a fool for juicing at the wrong time,and lifting the wrong way , then let it out in the gym through some workouts.
    There is not one workout that everybody does to get big, find what workout works best for you. Some say do it 3 days a week while others like me lift 5-6 days a week. Do what you grow best with.

Put down the juice. Size will come, it takes time. When you stop gaining from years of natural training and feel it is time to juice because you reached your potential then there you go.

More to listen to bro^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Hellmask
    You should apologize to S.P.G., he has helped many on this forum , and doesn't need bashed.
    He doesn't need to apolagize to me i have no problem with him he seems to have a problem with himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    Good post Hellmask, good advice and very objective.

The problem with people who don't frequent the board is that they aren't around enough to realise who the respected and valued members of the board are, and they go right ahead and make a fool of themselves.
    or maybe we are all wrong and hes right.... thats probably it bro lol

Canadiantiger is offline Associate Member
    WTF was that guy for real. SPG, Flexor, Hellmask as usual very sound advice.

Thread Information