LancerO8 is offline New Member

Home Exercises Chest

You guys have any good home exercises for the pecs!?

This month I'm working a ton and going to school at the same time. So I'm looking to start a home routine for the next 4-6 weeks til I have more free time in the gym. I'm looking for a work out that will really bust my @ss every way possible.

I'm start my bulk diet tomorrow and am planning on doing my upper body workouts, then every 2 days following. I have a bar for pull ups/chinups. I'm sure I'll be doing a lot of those and assorted kinds of pushups.

What I'm wondering is if there's additional exercises I can do aside from those mentioned. AND how many sets/reps that go along with kinds of push ups ill be doing.

jamminJohn is offline Junior Member
    Assuming that you don't have any home gym equipment, such as a bench or free weights, your options are going to be very limited. Pushups are a good way to pump up your chest and tris, but are not very good for adding mass. If you have a barbell, even without a bench, you could always do floor presses. Or you could try to rig up some kind of dip rack; you just need to find two sturdy surfaces at around the same height and about shoulder width apart that you could do dips between. Other than that, I'm not sure what you could do at home for your chest. That's why I like to keep a bench around with a few hundred pounds of weight, a barbell and a few dumbells. I almost never use them, but when necessary, I can always get a pretty good workout with them. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by LancerO8
    You guys have any good home exercises for the pecs!?

This month I'm working a ton and going to school at the same time. So I'm looking to start a home routine for the next 4-6 weeks til I have more free time in the gym. I'm looking for a work out that will really bust my @ss every way possible.

I'm start my bulk diet tomorrow and am planning on doing my upper body workouts, then every 2 days following. I have a bar for pull ups/chinups. I'm sure I'll be doing a lot of those and assorted kinds of pushups.

What I'm wondering is if there's additional exercises I can do aside from those mentioned. AND how many sets/reps that go along with kinds of push ups ill be doing.
    Look into Lifeline's website. Power Pushups. The Power Pushup adds resistance to your pushups (with rubber tubing) and doesn't require a partner to hold plates on your upper back for you.

Inclined pushups with your feet against the wall. Face away from a wall and walk your feet up the wall, until you are simulating an incline press position. Not quite a handstand pushup but similar in nature.

Chest dips, with the torso leaning forward and the elbows out. High chairs, like bar stools, can be used to dip between.

Power rings: www.ringtraining.com

You can get an awesome workout for your entire upper body and abs...combine them with some free weights and you will not have to go to the gym.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    buy a bench and a bar abd there you go, if thats not an optiom, push ups

Thread Information