anavar100 is offline Associate Member

Questions on my SPLIT!

hey guys im trying to come up with a new split.. this was my old one ive been using for the last couple years..

mon-chest
    tues-back
    wed-legs
    thus-shoulders/traps
    fri-arms

i was thinking about changin it to one of these what ones do u guys think looks best?

mon-back
    tues-chest
    wed-off
    thus-shoulders
    fri-legs
    sat-arms
    sund-off

mon-back
    tues-shoulders
    wed-off
    thus-chest
    fri-legs
    sat-arms
    sunday-off

also one more question. what do u guys prefer giving arms there seprate day or working tris with chest and back with bis.. i used to do this but i think doing arms one day is working better i get better pumps..?? wha do u think thanks for any help

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by anavar100
    hey guys im trying to come up with a new split.. this was my old one ive been using for the last couple years..

mon-chest
    tues-back
    wed-legs
    thus-shoulders/traps
    fri-arms

i was thinking about changin it to one of these what ones do u guys think looks best?

mon-back
    tues-chest - all on its own for such a small bodypart, waste of a day X
    wed-off - rest is nice \/
    thus-shoulders - 2 days break after chest X
    fri-legs
    sat-arms - 2 days break for bis before back X
    sund-off

same deal with the next split, too much separating of bodyparts, too much overlap, not enough compound.

mon-back
    tues-shoulders
    wed-off
    thus-chest
    fri-legs
    sat-arms
    sunday-off

also one more question. what do u guys prefer giving arms there seprate day or working tris with chest and back with bis.. i used to do this but i think doing arms one day is working better i get better pumps..?? wha do u think thanks for any help
    Arms with chest and back if you want to build any serious mass. If you can't achieve a huge pump in your tris with dips, then something is amiss. A pump is not everything either, its good, but you've got to work your muscle fibres hard with weight. That is best done with compound exercises using more than one joint, because you can use more weight. Isolations have their place as auxilliary exercises and for pros that have finished with absolute mass building.

Your original split is better if you intend to split up everything. Otherwise look elsewhere for a split, I think you know where.

Thread Information