Thread: Martial Arts

Boarder03 is offline Banned

Martial Arts

Hey im 6ft 2 about 185 pounds, with 12 % body fat
    IM looking for the whole martial arts look, ya know bruce lee. I dont want to be extremly bulky, i just want to be lean, ripped actually, then ill do some bulking, i wanna hit my goals by summer time, so it is definitly possible, i just want to know... running cardio in the morning...should i be lifting at night, and how hard of a cardio, like 70% long jog? Or wind sprints...
    Ill be running an ecy stack with it... maybe t3 if i figure out how...thanks guys

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Boarder03
    Hey im 6ft 2 about 185 pounds, with 12 % body fat
    IM looking for the whole martial arts look, ya know bruce lee. I dont want to be extremly bulky, i just want to be lean, ripped actually, then ill do some bulking, i wanna hit my goals by summer time, so it is definitly possible, i just want to know... running cardio in the morning...should i be lifting at night, and how hard of a cardio, like 70% long jog? Or wind sprints...
    Ill be running an ecy stack with it... maybe t3 if i figure out how...thanks guys
    Are you taking any martial arts classes?

I study Krav Maga on my own, i will be joing a class in the spring, so i would like to have a little bit of a head start.

My next question is... Is it good to run Am before anything for a half hour
    then again later on that afternoon for a half hour? Will this be to much cardio?

ohyea and my goals to have abs like urs lol

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I study Krav Maga on my own, i will be joing a class in the spring, so i would like to have a little bit of a head start.

My next question is... Is it good to run Am before anything for a half hour
    then again later on that afternoon for a half hour? Will this be to much cardio?
    I used to be an avid reader of Black Belt Magazine, when I was involved in Olympic-Style Tae Kwon Do. So I've read an article or two on Krav Maga. Does their classes involve strength & conditioning or do they just involve military self-defense?

If you are studying Krav Maga, I would be most concerned with improving my functional strength and endurance rather than appearance. Appearance will come along for the ride.

How many times will you be running per week?

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    ohyea and my goals to have abs like urs lol
    I achieved my avy by not training for appearance. I trained 3 times per week in Olympic TKD classes. The other 3 days, I did Bas Rutten's Mixed Martial Arts Workout on the heavy bag, shadow kick boxed, etc. As far as strength training went, I stuck with Matt Furey's Bodyweight-Only Exercises because I could not afford a gym because I was paying over $100 for martial arts classes.
    I also took the research chemical, clenbuterol during this time period.

Well im studying krav maga on my own, with just the books that i have. Its fairly interesting stuff. I know you dont do as well from books as you do in classes, so thats why im doing some classes. I think i am going to run everyday, i know my bodys potential. im a natural athlete, i just need to unleash it.
    I was planning on doing a calorie restricted diet
    Run everymorning for 30-40 minutes
    take an ECY stack, maybe t3 depending on dosages
    Run every night for 30-40 minutes

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Well im studying krav maga on my own, with just the books that i have. Its fairly interesting stuff. I know you dont do as well from books as you do in classes, so thats why im doing some classes. I think i am going to run everyday, i know my bodys potential. im a natural athlete, i just need to unleash it.
    I was planning on doing a calorie restricted diet
    Run everymorning for 30-40 minutes
    take an ECY stack, maybe t3 depending on dosages
    Run every night for 30-40 minutes
    What type of running program have you been doing? If you just starting, this could be excessive.

Well i have been playing football since i was 4...
    I also play basketball so i have had twice a week for the past month, a good hard vigurous workout. I love the intensity...thats why i want an ecy stack, i heard you go nuts...im adding the CY because i take E and i fall right to sleep...
    Do you know what dosages would be good with the T3

doby48 is offline Female Member
    I have been in martial arts for many years as well and am Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do. The one thing that always seems to challenge me is the cardio. Its just 1-2 hours of non-stop, sprints, pushups, 1/4 situps, sparring, etc there is no rest when going from one to the next. The only kind of rest you ever get is when you are holding the pad for someone else or doing form but otherwise its constant moving. That to me is the hardest part because unlike lifting where you take a break or running when you feel you are going to pass out you can rest if you want to... in martial arts (Tae Kwon Do anyways) just when you think you can't do anymore - you have to keep going. Its great though and you feel awsome after every class!
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

So double training my cardio is good preperation?

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Well i have been playing football since i was 4...
    I also play basketball so i have had twice a week for the past month, a good hard vigurous workout. I love the intensity...thats why i want an ecy stack, i heard you go nuts...im adding the CY because i take E and i fall right to sleep...
    Do you know what dosages would be good with the T3
    I haven't taken T3 before. You have to be careful with it because it can be catabolic if not dosed right. You could start a thread in the AR-R forum, asking the proper dosing method.
    I would take out the evening run and add some strength training exercises. I believe Bruce Lee was a proponent of this. Check the net for his training program.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    So double training my cardio is good preperation?
    I would check into Bas Rutten's Mixed Martial Arts Workout. It will kick anyone's ass. Strength exercises, plyometrics, etc. I have it and it is a great addition for any martial artist with limited equipment.

Sounds great. as long as i got some tunes going to my ears, im alright

doby48 is offline Female Member
    Just be prepared for more cardio then you will expect, thats what I always find no matter how good of shape I think I'm in. (and the classes themselves are nothing compared to a belt test )
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

Im Excited!!
    Thank god ephedrines legal again lol

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Im Excited!!
    Thank god ephedrines legal again lol
    Any reason why you chose ECY stack over clenbuterol ?

1. i have access to it
    2. idk lol

I just need a buz to get me goin

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    1. i have access to it
    2. idk lol

I just need a buz to get me goin
    You could get T3 but not clen ?

idk?

Caffeine will give you a wicked buzz .

i can down like 100 mg of ephedrine and fall asleep, i spoke to a guy today, he said i should do a winstrol /clen cycle, what you think?

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    i can down like 100 mg of ephedrine and fall asleep, i spoke to a guy today, he said i should do a winstrol/clen cycle, what you think?
    I wouldn't run winstrol without test. During your cycle you could experience libido problems. Var/clen would be a better option. Var is not as suppressive on your natural test levels. Check out anavar on the profiles section and see if this is what you want.

Thread Information