Bilbo Boner is offline New Member

Talking Cardio. Before or after weights?

I'm 35 yrs 235-240 lbs 26-27% bf 5'-9". Yes. I know. I'm fat. My goals are 190-200 lbs. 12-15 % bf. My question is should I do cardio b4 or after weights. I have to do both in eve after work because I leave my house at 5:30 am. I have been lifting for about a year. I do cardio no less than 30 min 5-7 days a week after I do weights. I have gained strenght but the fat is moving slowly also need to find out what my target heart rate is I think I may b doing to intense cardio workout was reading that if u go over your target rate u will lose muscle. Diet is kinda crappy right now as I just got thru eating a bag of doh nut holes but I'm trying to piece one together from this site. Just joined site few days ago but so far site seems to have a lot of info. Oh yeah currently doing eca stack to burn fat I also did 1 cycle 2 years ago 200 deca /250 test cyp/once a week for 10 weeks dbol thru the middle 35 g or mg per day for 3 weeks. got good strenght gainsbut doses were low bf was high I didn't listen to alot of ppl telling me to lower the bf and up the doses slightly. Being in a hurry u know how it goes. Anyways I'm just blabbering now so I will go.
    Last edited by Bilbo Boner; 01-16-2006 at 10:57 PM.

Massacre is offline Senior Member
    i do it in the morning and train at night.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    after weights,only exception would be if you do two seperate workouts like massacre,

TADOLFI is offline Member
    If yer eatin doughnut holes - it really don't matter when you do cardio - Just keep doin it!

Just kiddin Bro - Welcome to AR - enjoy all you read!

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    In the morning, while on an empty stomach, will garnish you the most fat loss... with a seperate weight training session.

If you're extremely pressed for time like many of us are, do it after your weights for 20-30mins... still works well, especially if you keep your intensity up, and rest sessions down while lifting....

Canadiantiger is offline Associate Member
    After weights if that pressed for time, Btw your target heart rate is 220-age*.65 or 220-35*.65 (120.25 bpm). Yes too intense or high in hr could cause muscle loss.

Good Luck and Welcome

P.S. If you post your whole workout the guys here can help you fine tune it as well as your diet when done. If post it on the diet forum guys wil help you fine tune it.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    I’m bulking at the moment so I’m only hitting it 2 times week sometimes in the morning and sometimes around 5.30 - 6.00pm

Thanks for the responses. I will change my routine weights then cardio.
    Thanks again

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I'm w/Massacre.

A.M. for cardio and P.M. for weights. I always instruct this to my clients, as each activity addresses a DIFFERENT goal. Doing them together greatly hinders success in both areas.

~SC~

I wish I could do cardio am but gym is not open when I leave at 5:30 am for work. Gets to b long day doing both in pm. I don't get to gym till 5;30-6:00 pm. Luckily it is only 4 miles from house.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I dislike having to travel to the gym 2 times per day, which is why I have both a new bike and treadmill here at home.

Cost me a grip, but shit, this IS what I do. I also never have to worry about not having time.

~SC~

Thread Information