Kurz is offline Member

Cardio during bulking? Incline walk?

I currently am doing cardio 2x a week max in the pm during bulking. My am fasted cardio is for cutting only, in an effort to preserve muscle loss. My question is: Do any of you use the treadmill at an incline for a good cardio routine? I have found that (it feels) if I crank the incline to 15% and then the speed to over 4.0, even if I hold on to the rails, I get a good burn in my hammys and calves + sweat....is this an efficient means of cardio?

I mean, as opposed to swing of the arms, etc at a faster pace but less of an incline?

as long as ur keeping heart rate between 65-75% of your MHR, its all good. i do incline walking and its great!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurz
    My am fasted cardio is for cutting only, in an effort to preserve muscle loss.
    What's weird here is you are trying to avoid muscle loss while bulking by cardio pm, with plenty of calories being taken in.

Then, when you cut, you flip flop pm to am, are on reduced calories, and at this time is when I'd really be concerned about preserving muscle loss.

It's just ironic that's all, not a flame on your approaches whatsoever. Just something to think about perhaps?

~SC~

Gra
    Gra is offline Member
    So you`re saying that it`s better to do cardio in the am when bulking to? Or am I just missunderstanding? Didn`t pay to much attention in english class

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    What's weird here is you are trying to avoid muscle loss while bulking by cardio pm, with plenty of calories being taken in.

Then, when you cut, you flip flop pm to am, are on reduced calories, and at this time is when I'd really be concerned about preserving muscle loss.

It's just ironic that's all, not a flame on your approaches whatsoever. Just something to think about perhaps?

~SC~

Kurz is offline Member
    No, what he is saying makes sense. Caloric defic already, why risk bujrning muscle with am cardio during cutting......

I'm more curious as to my form of cardio in the pm when bulking.....adequate?

I believe it's fine, yes.

A.M. cardio doesn't have to be catabolic, no cardio does.

It simply has to be the right kind of cardio for fat loss, and one's dietary protocol the other 23+ hours of the day will take care of catabolism.

~SC~

Kurz is offline Member
    but you're a bike only dude, arent ya SC?

Kurz is offline Member
    so, would you suggest higher speed and higher incline holding on to rails, or lower of both and arms swinging, or does it really not matter as a sweat is a sweat????

I don't like to hold on to the rails, I like to move the arms. Holding the rails and it seems like I am going too fast to be productive.

I use bikes/treadmills.

~SC~

Kurz is offline Member
    SC - you read a mag? Seems to be the best way to pass the time.....so either way is pretty much a wash, right? Fast, more incline with rails, slower, less incline without?

Thread Information