210-6foot is offline Junior Member

Squat Question, Different.

Does squatting at all make your butt muscles grow? Many powerlifters have ghetto booties haha. And plus when I squat my butt is one of the places that gets sore.

Juicy Sauce is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 210-6foot
    Does squatting at all make your butt muscles grow? Many powerlifters have ghetto booties haha. And plus when I squat my butt is one of the places that gets sore.
    yes bro, of course squats work your gluteus max.

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    some more than others my buddy says his ass blows up when he squats but mine dosent I mean I know its worked but not as much as lunges

chest6 is offline Banned
    Sure it does. My ass is huge..

You cannot extend your hips without your glutes! Just think about it...you should know what every major muscle group is responsible for.

210-6foot is offline Junior Member
    HAHAHA, well I looked on AST's website and it said that wasn't one of the muscle groups being worked out, so I figured I would ask you guys. My butt needs it though lol. =)

Flexor is offline Banned
    Whatever that website is, its crap. Most websites are crap, they never include the proper muscles being used, and they always list pansy isolating exercises.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by 210-6foot
    HAHAHA, well I looked on AST's website and it said that wasn't one of the muscle groups being worked out, so I figured I would ask you guys. My butt needs it though lol. =)
    The more you sit back into the movement, the more you will activate the hip extensors (glutes and hamstrings). With a "bodybuilding squat", you sit down in the movement, which stresses the knee extensors (quadriceps) more. The hip extensors will start be working hard, just not as hard as with sitting back.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    When people are trying to squat maximum resistance, they also will have the tendency to lean forward more. This is done to try to get adequate depth with the heavy load. This will place more stress in the glutes and hamstrings, as well (like a good morning).

Thread Information