KingMike is offline Associate Member

Boxing split advice

I am currenlty easing into a cutting phase for a few months and I have been boxing lately with my buddies and want to get into that. Here is a split I worked up, what do ya think.

Monday:Chest,shoulder,tri
    4x6-12 incline press (alternate db & bb every week)
    4x6-12 military press (alternate bb & db every week)
    3x8-12 lateral raise
    2x8-10 close bench

Tuesday:Ham,lower back,calves
    3x8-10 deadlift
    3x8-10 SLDL
    2x6-8 ham curl
    4x12-15 standing calve raise

Wednsday: Heavy bag, abs
    30-40 minutes 2 minute rounds heavy bag
    Incline crunches between rounds

Thursday: Quad
    5x8-12 front sqaut
    4x6-12 extention (drop set, 30 seconds rest)

Friday: back,bi, trap
    3x8-12 wide pulldown
    3x6-10 bb row
    4x8-12 shrug (alternate db & bb every week)
    2x8-10 bb curl
    2x6-8 hammer curl

Saturday: Same as Wednsday

Sunday: rest

I am doing cardio every monring on empty at 65% 3-4 times a week and thinking of every monring but Sunday. I t just seems that every since I have started doing monrning cardio a year or so ago in the morning I have drasticly gotten smaller.

Stat: 6 foot, 194, 16+ BF
    Goal: Ripped by May with some muscular gains

For now that split is OK (not great), what is your boxing routine going to be like once you "get into" boxing. You are going to be training boxing more than twice a week, right?

IMO sets with 6-12 reps in them is too far of a spread. I don't know anything about boxing, but i'd say choose 6-8 or 8-10 reps for sets.
    What are your goals? I'm assuming by your workout and your interest in boxing that it isn't to put on mass. 6 rep sets will put on mass, 12 rep sets will cut you up.

KingMike is offline Associate Member
    6-12 really means 12 is a warm up and I fail at ten and add more weight to fail at 6 or 7. I would like to get into boxing or something, it is so much more gratifying. I love to fight but want to also add mass so I am always fighting myself on what to stick to. I love hitting shit and people also. Got into a scuffle at a local lounge a few weeks ago with a couple buddies and clean 2 guys clocks in less than 10 seconds with only 2 punches, I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by KingMike
    6-12 really means 12 is a warm up and I fail at ten and add more weight to fail at 6 or 7. I would like to get into boxing or something, it is so much more gratifying. I love to fight but want to also add mass so I am always fighting myself on what to stick to. I love hitting shit and people also. Got into a scuffle at a local lounge a few weeks ago with a couple buddies and clean 2 guys clocks in less than 10 seconds with only 2 punches, I love it.

Boarder03 is offline Banned

Get in the ring with someone who knows what there doing, and im guessing youll be the one with the cleaned clock

Thread Information