lilmanMC is offline New Member

Newbie needs help schedule

I just started training again after like a...well...4 yr break. (Embarrassing) I got a really good lifting schedule and a great cardio routine as well but I'm not sure about breaks. I am more concerned about cutting (being that my body fat has gone up 3 times what it used to be). I currently don't take a break. Here it is...I am lifting every other day with 35 min. of cardio and then on the days I don't lift I am doing 35 min of cardio and ab work.

Is this a good schedule to be going or should I take a day off here and there? I really don't know.

And what supplements should I be taking to help speed the cutting process?
    (Currently on and multi vit. Ripped Fuel fat burner and Relacore)

Also, I am thinking about looking into AS but am not going to even consider them till I get my bf down and a good pace going on the diet/cardio/lifting.... Any suggestions for a first time user would be great. i.e. what to take, dosage, and recommended cycle.
    Last edited by lilmanMC; 01-18-2006 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lilmanMC
    I just started training again after like a...well...4 yr break. (Embarrassing) I got a really good lifting schedule and a great cardio routine as well but I'm not sure about breaks. I am more concerned about cutting (being that my body fat has gone up 3 times what it used to be). I currently don't take a break. Here it is...I am lifting every other day with 35 min. of cardio and then on the days I don't lift I am doing 35 min of cardio and ab work.

Is this a good schedule to be going or should I take a day off here and there? I really don't know.

And what supplements should I be taking to help speed the cutting process?
    (Currently on and multi vit. Ripped Fuel fat burner and Relacore)

Also, I am thinking about looking into AS but am not going to even consider them till I get my bf down and a good pace going on the diet/cardio/lifting.... Any suggestions for a first time user would be great. i.e. what to take, dosage, and recommended cycle.

First off you shouldn't be considering AS...i have been lifting for close to 5 years and i still have 4-5 more before i will consider AS. Don't think about it now, its only going to hurt you

Getting results natty isn't that hard. Make sure your diet is in check first off (visit the diet forum). If you want to lose weight, cardio 5 days a week would get you seeing results. Cardio in the morning on an empty stomach, and lifting in the evening is optimal. Once you start packing on lean muscle, the fat will come off that much easier. Muscle burns fat at rest.

As far as taking days off here and there is up to you, but i wouldnt suggest it IMO. I usually take a week off every 12 weeks or so, it allows your body to recover from the beating, plus its nice not to be sore for once.

As far as supp's, i dont believe in them until an individual has a base built on them. if youre just starting up again after a 4 year break, youre going to see gains no matter what.
    Protein is by far the most important supplement you can take, if youre going to take anything, take that.

Flexor is offline Banned
    ^^^ Fo Sho!

You the man Gun

doby48 is offline Female Member
    Since your current goal is cutting then I would increase your cardio to 45 minute sessions in the morning (I assume you are in the 60-70% range). The reason for this is the first 20 minutes you are not yet burning fat but instead using your glucuse in your blood so you are really only getting 15 minutes of fat burning time. If you increase to 45 minute sessions you get about 25 minutes of quality fat burning time.

Also, since you haven't worked out in 4 years I would say only do cardio 5 times a week. Increasing the length of sessions and taking a couple of days off you should see better results and still have enough left in you to put in some good workouts as well. Don't push it too hard in the beginning.
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

Quote Originally Posted by GunTotingHipGangster
    First off you shouldn't be considering AS...i have been lifting for close to 5 years and i still have 4-5 more before i will consider AS. Don't think about it now, its only going to hurt you
    Well, as I said I'm not going to even concider AS till I get my shit straight. And I know that could take up too a couple yrs.

So my weight training is good, I just need to bump up the intesity of the cardio right? I've been looking into T3 and clen will either of these or a combo of these help?

So my weight training is good, I just need to bump up the intesity of the cardio right?
    Not sure of your current cardio intensity but the intensity should be at 60-70% maxHR, your cardio sessions should be in the morning on an empty stomach for 45 minutes, and I would say 5 days a week for now should be good.

I can't comment on your diet or the rest of your routine since I don't know what either one is like. I am going to assume you have posted questions for your diet in that forum and have already gotten feedback on your routine.

I've been looking into T3 and clen will either of these or a combo of these help?
    Since like you said you are not getting ready to take anything yet anyways, my suggestion would be to keep doing research, get your diet and workout straightened out and then in another year or so when you are thinking about adding these in then you may have different ideas what to try and can post again then asking for suggestions.

buja is offline Junior Member
    IMO Gun made a good point.....starting where you are now, you will make gains just by getting your cardio/workouts/diet in check, you do not need the supps. Give yourself some time to get into it and get your routine and diet dialed in and then look into to the supps. Just a suggestion.

buja is offline Junior Member
    beat me to it doby

thanks guys, actually I just stepped on the scale and I have dropped 6 pounds in 9 days. My scale is a elec. scale with bodyfat tester built in. It was like $70 when I bought it last year is that bf analizer accurate? It says I've dropped 2% already...

is that bf analizer accurate? It says I've dropped 2% already...
    No, the body fat analyzer on scales are not accurate. Depends on the scale but it can be high, low, or vary from day to day. To measure bodyfat, the best bet is to buy a caliper and learn to measure that way.

Thread Information