joeybenz is offline Associate Member

Question Weights and Then Cardio HR info

Today I took my heart rate monitor to the gym with me and used it as I was working out and my HR hit within my 65-75% range then after weights which last 40min I did cardio for 20 min. My question is since my weight training was in my 65-75% range and then I did cardio at the same range is that good for fat burning? The total time equals out to 60min total time

joeybenz is offline Associate Member
    anyone?

Flexor is offline Banned
    The muscles you lift weights with are fast twitch, they use glycogen already stored in the muscle for fuel. You won't be burning fat during your workout. I'm not sure if you go into cardio straight after your weights whether you will start fat burning instantly. Fat burning starts after approximately 20 minutes of exercise depending on what your glucose reserves are (AM cardio versus evening etc). I can't say whether you will start fat burning immediately because of your weight session, or whether it will ever start within the 20 minutes. I think probably you are getting almost no fat burning, because the muscles used during the workout are not the ones used during cardio. JMO

AM cardio would be best if you are looking to fat burn.

Thread Information