Thread: Back workout

UberSteroids is offline Anabolic Member

Back workout

What do You guys think about my back workout?
    (Max-OT weight each set - at least 4 reps not more than 6 )

-Lat pull downs 3 sets
    -Bent over barbell rows 3 sets
    -V-Bar pull downs 3 sets
    -Dead lift 3 sets
    -Reverse grip pull downs 3 sets

I wanted to do good mornings but I dont think im strong enought for that.. Seems like this exercise is for more advanced workouts. Its definetly something I want to try later on. I want to get my lower back stronger first by doing dead lift for now.
    Any advices/comments ?

Thanks!

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    i think your doing 2 much, my workout is 2 warmups, then 3 sets of pulldowns, 3 sets of standing rows, and 3 sets of dumbell rows and ive seen great gains. Only problem is what may be overtrainging to me might not be for you, but this being said i thnk this is overtraing(hahah what a hipocrit i am) if your not getting stronger every week, or your back is always sore then ur overtraining, i know this isnt the answer u want but its relly how you feel, and waht YOU think, no one can really answer this question, but it seems alittle much

Yes I know what You mean. So far my back is feeling alright. But will see about that tommorow
    I just want to make sure that I am doing enough of different exercises to have nicely developed back. To be honest my upper back can handle all those exercises Im doing, lower back..thats a different story, this is why I do only deadlift cuz I know I cant handle more.
    Thanks for ur opinion bro. Ur right see how it feels. I might just get rid of some of the exercises and just swich them every two weeks.

Take care

lilKimmy2 is offline Female Member
    Careful with the lower back, especially if you don't target it that often.... throw in some hyperextensions for 2-3 weeks. Once you adjust to that switch it up with good mornings, then you can start adding weight. =) Also do supermans everytime you work out ab's... they seem to do the trick

Good idea. Hyperextensions, totally forgot about that one.
    Thanks

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by UberSteroids
    What do You guys think about my back workout?
    (Max-OT weight each set - at least 4 reps not more than 6 )

-Lat pull downs 3 sets
    -Bent over barbell rows 3 sets
    -V-Bar pull downs 3 sets
    -Dead lift 3 sets
    -Reverse grip pull downs 3 sets

I wanted to do good mornings but I dont think im strong enought for that.. Seems like this exercise is for more advanced workouts. Its definetly something I want to try later on. I want to get my lower back stronger first by doing dead lift for now.
    Any advices/comments ?

Thanks!
    I would drop one of the lat pulldown exercise to create more balance in your program. The first two will stress the horizontal pulling muscle groups. Deadlifts will challenge these muscles through a stablizing effect. The last two exercises will work the vertical pulling muscle groups.

Deadlifts
    Supinated-Grip Bent-Over Barbell Rows
    Weighted Supinated, Close-Grip Pullups
    Lat Pulldowns to the Front

Check out t - nation . com for an article by Date Tate on how to perform the Good Morning exercise properly.

Thread Information