novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?

How Much Cutting is Too Much?

So let's say my FFA's are in good shape, and I am eating every couple of hours (basically leave the diet out its good) How much cardio is too much throughout the week?

Some days i go twice, somedays only once and that's am on E. So is 8 or 9 times too many? what is a good amount so i can stick to that?

Thanks Bros...

lilKimmy2 is offline Female Member
    Well, first of all.... what is your goal- are you cutting for a show?? or is it to look good on the beach? It's hard to tell you what would be to much cardio without specs or a picture, because I don't know if your wasting away or if people have to roll you into the door

I'm 5'8" bout 180 and you can see top abs easy ad a few upper obliques and a lil lower but im just trying to cut up for me. no show, just to cut up... im doing it for a few months before summer. i just want to lose bout 10-15 lbs before may. so i'm training hard but im wondering if im pushing it too far... is there anything wrong with doing an hour in the morning on empty and an hour in the evening before dinner? i also work out bout 2-3 times a week. thanks for responding though...

anyone tell me what the usual max is for cardio?

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    well.. Cardio should be performed in the target heart rate zone, ie 75%! This will ensure that you will not lose muscle.. Remember when it comes to bodybuilding either cutting or bulking, slow and steady wins the race.. Any more then 2 pounds a week, and IMO your going to lose muscle quality as well as fat! If you're losing that much a week then there is no reason to up cardio.. If you find your self plateuing, and this can happen with fat loss, then you need to change it.. I know when my mentor is preparing for a show, the last few weeks he HAS to do cardio AM and PM!

Yeah i know all about the taget heart rates and doing it on empty in the morning, but is twice a day too much? i think it would be but i want a mod or someone to let me know how much is too much in THEIR OPINION... i know some people on here specialize in this and im just curious as to their take on this. I also lift 2-3 times a week, and PWO and PPWO meal but sometimes i still cardio twice. let me know what you think, again Thanks. NoVA

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    two times a day is a little much IMO

Thread Information