avion1971 is offline Junior Member

First Contest - Need help bringing up chest and shoulders

Hello all,

i have been told my chest and shoulders are lagging... what do you experts recommend i do to bring them up for my first Novice show in June...

i work out mon - fri

back
    quads - hams
    chest
    shoulders
    arms

calves - abs are alternated each day

thought of switching to

shoulders - chest
    quads - hams
    back
    arms
    shoulders chest

what do you all think ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First Contest - Need help bringing up chest and shoulders-im000032.jpg   First Contest - Need help bringing up chest and shoulders-im000040.jpg  

avion1971 is offline Junior Member
    come on muscle heads,,, NO ADVICE out their ?

AV

jamminJohn is offline Junior Member
    If you're trying to bring up your chest and shoulders, you might want to try hitting them each on their own day, preferably after a rest day. Maybe try something like this:

Mon: Chest, triceps
    Tues: Legs
    Wed: Off
    Thurs: Shoulders, traps
    Fri: Back, biceps
    Sat: Off
    Sun: Either take another day off or start over again with chest and triceps.

Personally, I think hitting each body part once a week should be sufficient. Trying to hit chest and shoulders twice a week may lead to overtraining, although you may be able to get away with it for a little while.

If you're trying to add mass, stick with the heavy basics like flat bench, incline bench and dips for chest and overhead presses for shoulders.

When trying to cut up, you may want to add some isolation excercises like flyes or cable crossovers for chest and various lateral raises with either dumbells or cables for shoulders.

Obviously, this is just a general overview. There's loads of great advice on this site for chest and shoulder routines as well as any other information that you might need to prepare for a show. Do some more research on this site and I'm sure that you will find what you are looking for. Good luck!

Thread Information