Muscle_4_Hire is offline Associate Member

The BEST Training Program

I am going to be starting a Test Cyp, EQ, and Dbol cycle of 12 weeks starting in about 7 or 8 days and I am trying to plan the best training regimen I can. I usually do heavy weight and low reps that gets me some lean and cut mass. However, this doesn't do much for hypertrophy. I mean, I want to be big and strong with good vascularity but I want to also have more hypertrophy with that bodybuilder look.

Here is how I periodized my training:
    Week 1 = 6 day split
    Day 1: Chest, Delts
    Day 2: Back
    Day 3: Biceps, Abs
    Day 4: Chest, Triceps
    Day 5: Back
    Day 6: Biceps (every other week, this day is legs*)
    Day 7: OFF

*I have incredible genetics for legs (think lee priest) so these are always out of proportion so I train them less.

Week 2 = 4 day split
    Day 1: Chest, Delts
    Day 2: Back
    Day 3: OFF
    Day 4: Chest, Triceps
    Day 5: Back
    Day 6: OFF
    Day 7: OFF
    *I still haven't figured this out, I mean its missing biceps

I wanted to do MxS training, or low explosive reps, high weight for myofibril thickening which will give me increased strength and lean, cut mass. I also want to incorporate H training, or hypertrophy training with 8-12 reps, short rests, high volume for increased blood vessels, capillaries, etc for increased size. So, I thought Days 1-3 would be MxS training and Days 4-6 would be H training. Somehow, I just don't think its that simple.

So, I looked into Holistic training... anybody tried this? Give me some opinions. I love that the base of the workout is heavy weight, low reps.

Give me some ideas on training splits... I'm not sure if the 6 day split will be too much for me. I wish it was just 1 bodypart per day but that is almost impossible in order to train Chest and Back twice a week.
    Last edited by Muscle_4_Hire; 01-21-2006 at 11:44 PM.

that need alot of work noithing like what i do

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by iambiggerthanyou00
    that need alot of work noithing like what i do

~SC~

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Muscle_4_Hire
    So, I looked into Holistic training... anybody tried this? Give me some opinions. I love that the base of the workout is heavy weight, low reps.

Give me some ideas on training splits... I'm not sure if the 6 day split will be too much for me. I wish it was just 1 bodypart per day but that is almost impossible in order to train Chest and Back twice a week.
    Holistic is good - deffintly something to try. And Poliquin's German Body Composition (what I am doing now while cutting) is similar to it. Hatfield's version is a little more intense but you alternate days... as in, you don't do holistic workouts every time... you alternate a "light day" with a "regular" (like positions of flexion) and then a Holistic day - and each has it's own rest days required. Also, I would put Escalating Density Training by Charles Staley in this category too... a favorite for arms...

But here is the skinny: I find the Holistic or GBC style training works really well for muscle groups with a nice recovery ability - those that are a little more oxidative and need more time under tension. Like arms and shoulders, and da,da,da,da... LEGS. Nealry every time I have done Holistic for legs (especially if on some gear) I turn green and nautious... usually end up runnin' for something... some dilluted gatorade helps - plain water doesn't seem to... or you could just puke...

But my Chest and Back have a harder time keeping up with these types of training theories - they just can't seem to recover fast enough - even when switching between fast-twitch and slow-twitch isolation (low rep and high rep)... but this time I am sticking with GBC and going to see if Chest and Back can adapt and improve with this... the seering pain that it leaves behind has to be good for something... I am keeping a detailed journal regarding progress (or lack there of)...

You can check out Pinnacle's thread on Various Training Techniques... it's a sticky in this forum...

hey man, thanks... thats some good info... I'm gonna put my cycle off for another week so I can research what training system I want to try... some of the holistic rest periods seem inadequate for fast twitch recovery though... like you were saying for legs, if I was doing heavy squats, I would need at least 2 mins every set to recover... yea, and i usually go so hard i have to puke but I put my head down for 15 mins and im cool. either that or i just spill it and keep goin.

ShnouzedUp is offline Banned
    check out doggcrapp training..

hey man, thanks... thats some good info... I'm gonna put my cycle off for another week so I can research what training system I want to try... some of the holistic rest periods seem inadequate for fast twitch recovery though... like you were saying for legs, if I was doing heavy squats, I would need at least 2 mins every set to recover... yea, and i usually go so hard i have to puke but I put my head down for 15 mins and im cool. either that or i just spill it and keep goin.
    I am going to keep up with it using German Body Comp (but Holistic's 100 reps is deffinitly an insane leg day!) and see if Back and Chest improves in their ability to handle it - keep up that is.

Triceps also start to fall out fast with this too - they will be going strong and then just drop dead and roll over. But I have used EDT sessions with this and they started to do really well... can't be a bad growth stimulis to bring up the slow-twitch in a muscle group that has proven to be mostly well-trained fast-twitch... should bring better overall development.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    I am going to keep up with it using German Body Comp (but Holistic's 100 reps is deffinitly an insane leg day!) and see if Back and Chest improves in their ability to handle it - keep up that is.

Triceps also start to fall out fast with this too - they will be going strong and then just drop dead and roll over. But I have used EDT sessions with this and they started to do really well... can't be a bad growth stimulis to bring up the slow-twitch in a muscle group that has proven to be mostly well-trained fast-twitch... should bring better overall development.
    What about on cycles? Don't you notice increased endurance or energy from the juice? What about using creatine? I know when I use V12 I feel like I can go forever if my cardio conditioning is up. All this new info is overwhelming in a way...

I do notice a little improvement with these intense training cycles while on an AAS regime... getting overly fatigued and overtrained is more remote, and the ability to keep adding weight gets easier. I actually prefer to use these types of intense training theories while "on" - mostly because of the greater supercompensation curve with a better recovery and less overtrianing symptoms. These can be quite taxing mentally - and physically. But ya have to love the effect - like EDT alwys has my arms feeling like they were beaten bad by a Louisville Slugger...

Creatine has only helped me recover faster from heavy lifts and I "feel" much more explosive when Creatine loaded. So this will help with the low-rep work... but doesn't do much for pushing out over 10 reps.

I think aside from the nutritional and pharmaceutical ergogenic's, sleep really makes a big difference here too. And I have found that it is not the night right before but the night before that, which will set the stage for a good pump and training day. If my sleep patterns are getting negatively affected by work or whatever - I will cut something like this short... 'cause overtraining becomes evident and holding a pump gets harder...

when I use V12 I feel like I can go forever if my cardio conditioning is up. All this new info is overwhelming in a way...
    Is V12 a NO2 product? I haven't really givin' NO2 stuff a fair chance... I will in the future though....

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Is V12 a NO2 product? I haven't really givin' NO2 stuff a fair chance... I will in the future though....
    I've heard about NO2 products but not sure what that means, haven't read into that stuff yet. However, since you gave me some advice, I'll give you some: Try V12 turbo. Its one of those rare products that actually lives up to what it says it does and gives your training so much more endurance & intensity. For me, it blew up my arms without much overall bloat, matter of fact I didn't notice any. Also, for those last few reps, I can pump out at least 2 more on this creatine... you feel this boost and just wham, like nitrous in your muscles. It is expensive though, I think ASN has it for like 35$ for 625g and you need two for a 8 week cycle of it. I'm a little suspicious though that they slipped some other performance enhancing stuff in there cus I was more irritable on V12, simliar to like I was on my first cycle but nothing I couldn't handle. Definately give it a shot, V12 is pretty popular in those that know how to diet and train well.

Here's the nutrient profile:

TriCreatine MalateTM 4.0 g
    (proprietary blend of mono and dicreatine salts, 3:1 Molar)
    Betaine-GlycocyamineTM 2.0 g
    (proprietary blend of betaine anhydrous and glycocyamine)
    Micronized Taurine 2.0 g
    Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate 1.5 g
    NAG (N-Acetyl-L-Glutamine) 1.0 g

I'm a little suspicious though that they slipped some other performance enhancing stuff in there cus I was more irritable on V12, simliar to like I was on my first cycle but nothing I couldn't handle.
    It's happened before! There are some good history reads about the supplement industry... the ol' Cybergenics is even a dirty player...

V12 looks interesting... I have liked the Taurine in the past for beating fatigue... I'll give the V12 a shot sometime...

Thread Information