tryingtogain is offline Member

when i curl my dumbell of 30lbs in one hand my wrist area hurts. whats wrong?

when i curl my dumbell of 30lbs in one hand my wrist area hurts. whats wrong? its not the muscle its the bone and it really worries me.

Rowdy is offline New Member
    dont sweat it bro, this is pretty common. i had the same problem, try loosening ur grip, it takes off alot of the tension, it worked for me.. if that doesn't work ur just doing weight thats too heavy for you. but if the problem's only occurring on one wrist it could be a stress fracture and i suggest you see a doctor.

Nathan5252 is offline New Member
    have your wrist locked completely strait and eventually it will go away, may just be doin somethin that ya havent b4

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    I had the same prob when I was going heavy. IMO your wrist are weak and you need to strengthen them. I did some wrist curls and it fixed the problem righ tup for me

tie
    tie is offline Junior Member
    TTG

I agree with Ron, and have had similar problems myself; pain in the joint area arround the wrist, rather than in the muscle. I have fairly slim forearms which are naturally weak. What helped me was new World Gym gloves with integral wrist supports that help to "lock" my wrists in position. The alternative is to lower the weight and indirectly build up strengh in your forearms.

Tie

Thread Information