A_Nice is offline Associate Member

Maintaining Size

I'm in sort of a weird situation.

My legs have always been ahead of my upperbody devlopment because if all the sports I played in highschool that required lots of running and leg speed.

I started eating clean this January, and started my training routine this march. My upper body is becoming more developed, yet my legs are developing fast as well.

What kind of a training routine would I use to hold the mass on my legs and make them ripped instead of gaining more mass on them. Im trying to catch my upper body up, its getting close but I feel if I keep training my legs hard they are gonna make my upper body look smaller.

Any advice is appreciated

-Nice

skiboy is offline Associate Member
    take protein, glutamine, and creatine to recover and build.
    peace

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Try some cardio, running and so forth. don't go so heavy on your legs, do more reps, I'd say 8-15 reps minimum for each leg routine. If that is your goal,
    I personally would just keep building my legs, and push my upper body to the limits and stack on the weights and make my upper body catch up. Eat alot of protein and a high calorie diet, and push your upper body with 3-6 reps max, if you can max more than 6 reps, put on more weight. If that dont' put the size on ya, then.. I don't know what to tell ya..

Hmm maybe I wasnt clear enough.

Im gaining some nice size actually, but my legs are bigger in proportion to my upper body. I believe my upper and lower body are growing at the same rate hence, is there a way to hang on to my legmass and rip it up maybe instead of growing it more since my upper is behind in devlopement? Thanks...

tidaddy1 is offline New Member
    Man I had the same problem when I started!!! So I just started to do more detail type excercises such as leg curls, leg extension, lunges and so on. I stayed away from squats and heavey leg presses. It worked!!
    The only problem is that my upper body gains started to decrease??? So I said hell with it and trained my legs like the rest of my body, Hard and heavy my upper body gains started to get better again!!! So your upper body might suffer by not training you legs hard. Sounds strange but happened to me. For the record my upper body is about the size of my lower body now took me about a year but has worked.

thanks all for the input

I think im gonna try staying away from squats and presses and see what happens for the next 2 months. If my upperbody starts slowing down, im just gonna start banging away at the legs again, fuck it... Legs gotta stop growing at some point

beelzebub is offline Banned
    Try using the stepper for cardio that will burn some shape into your legs and just do leg extensions and leg curls (HIGH REP LOW WEIGHT)

Thread Information