Muscle_4_Hire is offline Associate Member

Hairline Fracture in Left Arm due to Preacher Curls

I've had this for about 2 months now, and have been off it for about 3 weeks. It is the same feeling as a shin splint, so I call it an arm splint. I had my shin splints checked out by my doctor before and said that splints are hairline fractures in your bones where a lot of stress occurs. Take 4 weeks off and it is supposed to heal. However, its been three weeks and I've kept good diet, kept off the weights for upper body, and taken extra calcium and it still is there. In another week, I'm about to jump into the weights again and feel that it might crop up again. Anybody know how to deal with these?

try it with a lighter weight, less stress could mean theres less damage, and more time to build it back up again

other than that id say rest it, better rest it than pay for jumping in to early!

Muscle_4_Hire is offline Associate Member
    yea, it must've been a big fracture b/c i did 1 set of db flys for chest with 5 lbs and i felt it start acting up... i dunno, its bullsh--, my upper body strength has gone way down and in week 3, im wondering if it will ever heal... it better heal in another week or ill probably just break it off

Thread Information