ManOsteel is offline Associate Member

Cool Help With New Workout Technique

I have been workingout for years, im 24yrs old and i would usually weight train Mon through Fri, and do Mon through Thur. Im 5'9 and weighing 205lbs, i want to go up to 215-225 so im trying to get serious with my diet and workouts. I take two weight gainers a day and two protein shakes a day along with creatine and glutamine. My new workout routine is as follows:

Mon: Biceps, Back, Forearms, Abs, calfs, 20min cardio on bike
    Tue: Rest
    Wed: Chest, Triceps, 20min cardio
    Thur:
    Fri: Legs, Shoulders, Calfs, Forearms, 20min cardio on bike
    Sat: Rest
    Sun: Rest

Let me know what you guys think, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOsteel
    I have been workingout for years, im 24yrs old and i would usually weight train Mon through Fri, and do Mon through Thur. Im 5'9 and weighing 205lbs, i want to go up to 215-225 so im trying to get serious with my diet and workouts. I take two weight gainers a day and two protein shakes a day along with creatine and glutamine. My new workout routine is as follows:

Mon: Biceps, Back, Forearms, Abs, calfs, 20min cardio on bike
    Tue: Rest
    Wed: Chest, Triceps, 20min cardio
    Thur:
    Fri: Legs, Shoulders, Calfs, Forearms, 20min cardio on bike
    Sat: Rest
    Sun: Rest

Let me know what you guys think, thanks.
    Why in the world are you training legs and shoulders on the same day...that is terrible...WHY????

I do not think there is anything wrong with a 3 day split....most would advise you to do a 4 day split, which is not a bad idea. I will give you a good 3 day split along with a 4 day split and you can see which you would prefer.

3 DAY SPLIT:

Day 1: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps

Day 2: Back, Biceps, Traps

Day 3: Legs

4 DAY SPLIT:

Day 1: Chest, Triceps

Day 2: Back, Biceps

Day 3: Legs

Day 4: Shoulders, Traps

*There are hundreds of splits, but I tihnk that these 2 are the simplest and most effective. On the Four day split you should hit the gym Mon, Tues, Thur, Fri........never workout 3 days in a row. Change your reps every week. Here is what I would do: Week 1...do 12 reps on all exercises. Week 2....do 6 reps on all exercises. Alternate the 2 rep ranges from week to week. There is a long list of advice I could give you, the best piece of advice would be to read as much as you can...starting with PWO Nutrition!

Good Luck!

Thread Information