Who lowers their workout intensity/frequency when off cycle??

I'm talking about coming off cycle. I will still run GH and slin for another 2 months or so, but off all other anabolics. I thought about focusing more on cardio and only training 3x/wk weights as opposed to 4-5 for the next 4-6 wks or so. However I will add cardio and clen to the regimine. Does anybody else lower their workout frequency or purposely only go about 70% of max effort as opposed to 90 or 100% max effort in the gym? What are your thoughts on this theory? Lets hear them

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    I go just as hard when i come off to try and keep as much as possible

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't lower my intensity...

The only time my intensity is 'lowered' is during that 7-day period i take off after a contest.. the rest of the year i train at 85-100% max...

Gear isn't a factor... imo at least

Well, I was looking at it more from a recovery standpoint, such as trying to keep joints from aching and giving your body a chance to reboost itself.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    I dont lower intensity, but I do lower sets, reps, and weight for a few weeks! that will be starting next week actually!

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    Well, I was looking at it more from a recovery standpoint, such as trying to keep joints from aching and giving your body a chance to reboost itself.
    Taking a week of training will help with this. Aussie strength coach Ian King is a big proponent of this. After a solid 8 or 12 weeks of training, take a week off. Psychologically, this is very difficult for most.

dsa8864667 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Papi93
    Taking a week of training will help with this. Aussie strength coach Ian King is a big proponent of this. After a solid 8 or 12 weeks of training, take a week off. Psychologically, this is very difficult for most.
    Tell me about I've Been off training for a 5 days now cause i strained my hip. I feel so guilty not working out plus i feel like I'm shrinking and getting weaker cant wait to go back.

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    Quote Originally Posted by dsa8864667
    Tell me about I've Been off training for a 5 days now cause i strained my hip. I feel so guilty not working out plus i feel like I'm shrinking and getting weaker cant wait to go back.
    I get the same feeling. I believe that the only one who notices it is yourself. I just came off of cycle and feel like im gettin smaller by the minute!!!! It sucks and im on Clomid to top it off. oh well cant wait until this PCT is finished.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Papi93
    Yea as i mentioned prior...i take a week off after my contest prep.. each prep lasts about 12 weeks.

It's hard psychologically as you mentioned.. but essential imo.

Thread Information