Kurz is offline Member

SKIPPING the PW shake!

I have been experiementing with no PW shake....I train in the eve, have 1/2 cup oats and a scoop of whey at 300pm, train at 5pm, and eat some eggs and toast about 730.....so, within a hour....then I have a casein shake and almonds 1hr later, prebed.......I'm bulking and not on Keto diet, but thus far, no issues.....thoughts?

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    i'm running an experiment as well with PWO shake, i'm using dextrose for 8 weeks writing down how i feel afterward and how long and if i'm sore the following days, then i'm going to do the same thing with oats as well, to see if there's any difference in strength, hypertrophy and recovery, just to see what i respond to better

AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    Im oing the same thing as you big pup.

Kurz, if your bulking thats and easy 300-500 cals in your diet why skip out on them? Also, I always remember reading that there is that 45min window where your body will soak up any nutrient you throw at it.

I guess keeping yourself catabolic an hour after your workout, your body would still pretty much soak up any nutrient. Let us know how it works for you.

j martini is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurz
    I have been experiementing with no PW shake....I train in the eve, have 1/2 cup oats and a scoop of whey at 300pm, train at 5pm, and eat some eggs and toast about 730.....so, within a hour....then I have a casein shake and almonds 1hr later, prebed.......I'm bulking and not on Keto diet, but thus far, no issues.....thoughts?
    Why? Idont see the point, i could understand if you where on a keto diet and trying to avoid carbs, are where experimenting with other carb sources in your PWO shake. But in your circumstances skiping a PWO shake alltogether seems pointless.

Kurz is offline Member
    how many pros take pw shakes????

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    i know (not personally) of several pros and a dozen bros that dont drink PWO shakes i.e lee priest, charles glass, RONNIE COLEMAN! to me it seems essential but thats just me

j martini is offline Member
    Nearly all pros use a PWO shake. In fact Milos Sarcev said he would not even train without one. He is one of the biggest advocates of PWO nutrient replenishment, also Chad Nichols recommends them to all his clients.

Kurz is offline Member
    Maybe I should bring it back....just hard getting 3 meals in 2 hours before bed....see my dilemma?

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    definately would take the PWO shake, if you're cramming before bed. IMO a PWO shake would be better than eating hundreds of calories rapid fire before bed.

primetime1 is offline Member
    stay up later so you can eat all ya meals bro.. one hour aint goin to kill your sleep pattern will it?

i usually get to bed later around 11 or so, up at 7 and lift in the evenings like yourself, with that said, its def enough sleep for me at least to be feeling good through out the day.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    most pro's run slin.. thus you need it ;D

Kurz is offline Member
    I dont f around with slin, therefore I dont?

Thread Information