Thread: Lacking calves

BlueAndromeda73 is offline Senior Member

Lacking calves

This is my weak point just wondering what some successful exercises for this area were, and I started to train them 2-3 times a week and have noticed some improvements, so I assumes this is one of those bodyparts you can train multiple times a weeek for success please let me know if there is anything else I could do, or ideas for good workouts for calves, thanks in advance guys.

Juicy Sauce is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueAndromeda73
    This is my weak point just wondering what some successful exercises for this area were, and I started to train them 2-3 times a week and have noticed some improvements, so I assumes this is one of those bodyparts you can train multiple times a weeek for success please let me know if there is anything else I could do, or ideas for good workouts for calves, thanks in advance guys.
    train calves eod. altrenate light and heavy, so do light weight for many reps. then 2 days later do heavy weight for low reps.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Do you work the tibialis anterior? Not a lot of individuals do. This adds a little size to your calves, when you have good hypertrophy in the gastroc and soleus.

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    I train mine 3 times a week mon, thurday(lighter day) and sat. I have found that seated calf raises work very good they hit the soleus very good which is one of the strongest muscles in the body IMO. Donkey calf raises are nice if you can find someone to help you with them most guys will not too much manly power, or sometimes they have donkey machines. I like to do
    3x15-20 seated calf raise
    3x15-20 standing
    3x15-20 leg press calves

it seems to be working well for me maybe not for everyone but hey its an example. you know you have worked calves good enough if they are throbbing after a set

Juicy Sauce is offline Member
    good advise 24labor. looks like my routine.

BlueAndromeda73 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the help guys, Im gonna try pretty much everything stated above, awesome tips.

primetime1 is offline Member
    i didnt see anyone mention it. but also when working calves i like to rotate the angle of my feet, one set ill point the toes straight, next they are pointed in and then lastly they are pointed out, this helps build the calve all the way around.
    something i tried recently and notices soreness, try weighted standing calve raises, and between sets do unweighted raises. this killed my calves this week.
    good luck

pelly789 is offline Member
    for some people adding size to your calves can be quite the task i had a partner that had a bench max of 470 and squatted 405 for 20 reps although his calves were only 16 inches and his arms were 20 inches ideally your calves and biceps are suppose to be the same size some people just have trouble building calve muscle i would take the advice of the posts above and good luck just my input

Thread Information