KingMike is offline Associate Member

detrimental to lean mass preservation?

Wake up at 7 but do not get to cardio until 8 and first meal dosn't come until 9:30. Detrimental??

pelly789 is offline Member
    you should have some type of pre-workout meal generally some carbs that will fuel your cardio session so yea it could be bad not sure how bad but it is bad that you go to the gym on an empty stomach

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pelly789
    you should have some type of pre-workout meal generally some carbs that will fuel your cardio session so yea it could be bad not sure how bad but it is bad that you go to the gym on an empty stomach
    actually you will find that it is more effective if you perform cardio on an empty stomach right when you wake up.

pelly789 is offline Member
    really?? i always believed in having some type of small carb meal before doing cardio i always felt that it helped me have more energy...interesting..

KingMike is offline Associate Member
    Thanks, but I was just wondering if waiting 1 hour after rising and after 3 cups of coffee was that detrimental to muscle preservation as opposed to jumping right into cardio the minute you wake up..

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Nope, No Way... Coffee and caffiene actually speed up the realease of free fatty acids, which will help aid the fat loss, don't wait too long though, but you sound ok. maybe bring your breakfast with you and eat it soon after, since im assuming your wait after cardio is due to travel time from the gym. I only wait about 20 mins. after cardio to eat, and i eat 1cup oats, 1 1/2 chicken breast, and a cup of sugar free metamucil.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by pelly789
    really?? i always believed in having some type of small carb meal before doing cardio i always felt that it helped me have more energy...interesting..
    taking carbs defeats the purpose of cardio

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by KingMike
    Wake up at 7 but do not get to cardio until 8 and first meal dosn't come until 9:30. Detrimental??
    just drink some green tea when u wake up like 2 servings the catechians in it will aid in preserving muscle mass and using fat for fuel before u even start ur cardio and u will be fine i do that all the time.

Thread Information