BigIsBest is offline Junior Member

need forearm workouts...

can anyone tell me some good forearm workouts?

IamUnwritten Guest
    okay, well i don't know any "special" type of workouts. but nordictrack has this piece of equipment called the "forearm developer". it actually works wonders! it only cost like $35. i know someone that works there and they say that most basketball players and baseball players go and purchase it cause it builds really good strength. but remember, i'm a girl so you might want to go check it out for yourself.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Heavy Deadlifts

jbarker111 is offline New Member
    i do forearms on back day cause they are hit in directly. to hit my forearms i do an exercise but i don't know the name of it. I basically stand with a straight bar behind my back and do curls with my wrist. it really tacks the forearms i do thies with high reps and heavy wieght. I have heard that hammer curls also help with forearms.

hipnoticstylz94 is offline Associate Member
    jbarker is correct...i also do that excerise but also am clueless on its name...it gives me an extreme pump in the forearms...I also hit the hammer curls on bicept day and those give a real nice pump as well

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    Heavy Deadlifts
    yep...

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Jerk off = 2 birds one stone

HULKBOY is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life
    Jerk off = 2 birds one stone
    AGEED!!! my fav exercise

Njectable is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hipnoticstylz94
    jbarker is correct...i also do that excerise but also am clueless on its name...it gives me an extreme pump in the forearms...I also hit the hammer curls on bicept day and those give a real nice pump as well
    those are wrist curls as far as i'm concerned? I guess you could go as far as calling them reverse barbell wrist curls when done behind your back. Correct me if i'm wrong but thats what i would call them. I have done these before as well and they do work good. If you want to really blast your forearms, get a short bar, piece of pipe, whatever, doesn't really matter the material but get something that is atleast 8-10" long, then get a piece of rope say atleast
    4-1/2-5 feet in length, tie one end of the rope in the center of your 8-10" bar, and a weight at the other end of the rope, don't go to heavy, a 10lb plate would be plenty likely. Now hold the bar with both hands straight out infront of your chest so your arms are parrallel with the floor, then start curling the bar as if you were trying to feed the rope up. If you do this correctly the rope will be wrapping itself around the bar each curl and the weight will start easing its way up towards your hands, once the weight gets about 6 inchs from your hands start curling the weight back down until it almost touches the ground but not quite then repeat and start curling it up again. This will really burn out your forearms fast, its hard to explain in words, hopefully you understand what i'm saying, i know a few guys do these every now and then to switch things up, just something for you to try.

steventyler is offline New Member
    try taking one page of a news paper and crumbling it up from one corner all the way till its a ball in your had, but you can only use one had. that ish is tough.

Thread Information