miamistar is offline Junior Member

20 yrs old, very into athletics, trying to get body fat down, inexperienced, needhelp

Hi this is my first time using this forum, but I have heard a lot mof good things about it... I am currently about 5-11 and 170 lbs, recently I took a body fat composition test and it came out to 17 percent, I want to know what kind of steps I should take to get it down to 7 to 11. I used to be very fit and ripped and I have kind of turned into someone with a soft body and I do not like it at all. I want to become stronger in the weight room to hep me with sports as well as get my body fat down. Any body have any suggestions as to how I should do this and maybe some supplements I should start taking to help me with my goals.

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    First of all...those body comp tests can be WAY off...

Second your diet will determine your progress in the gym and with weight loss...post your current stats diet and goals in the diet questions forum...that is what you need to do next...

HULKBOY is offline Member
    welcome man and i'd start reading youll find alot of useful info on here man

good luck

flexin is offline New Member
    cardio and diet is gonna be your main key to loosing your body fat. Cardio on a empty stomach in the morning worked the best for me when i was cutting.

muscle at rest burns calories. start a diet, start lifting, and do cardio in the am. this isn't a fast process, but what you get out of it is what you put in.

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    good luck man, the best info you can get is from the previous post. be patient.

doby48 is offline Female Member
    Cardio on the morning on an empty stomach along with a good clean diet and a good routine. Visit the diet forum for help with your diet and look around on this workout forum for good routines that others have posted. Once you believe you have done enough research, feel free to post what you are proposing and we will give you feedback.

Also, dont forget to read the stickys in each forum for some good tips.
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

sputnik is offline Banned

Thread Information