dsa8864667 is offline Member

Guy's hows this routine

What do you guys think of my workout routine. If guys see something that doesn't look good let me know I need all the help possible. Btw Im 5,8 167lbs 12-14%bf my goal is to get to 190-200lbs 9%bf.

Monday-Chest/Tri's
    DB-Flats
    DB-Incline
    DB-Decline
    Cable fly's
    Dips
    Close grip bench
    Skull crushers

Tuesday-Back/bi's
    Wide grip pullups
    Lat pull down front
    Lat pulldown back
    Bentover BB row
    Seated cable rows
    DB curl
    DB hammer curl

Wednesday-OFF

Thursday-Quads/calf
    Squats
    Leg presses
    Hack squats
    Leg extension
    Standing calf raises

Friday-Shoulders
    Arnold presses
    Machine presses
    DB side laterals
    DB front laterals
    Bentover DB laterals
    Upright BB row
    DB shrugs

Saturday-Hams/Calf
    Deadlifts
    Leg curl
    Seated leg curl
    Seated calf raises
    Incline on Treadmill at 4.5 speed for 15min

Sunday-OFF

Doing abs 3x aweek

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    From what i've learned / know. i think you may want to use a barbell at least for a flat bench. and be careful not to over-train your delts. and if you look at the sticky for LEG SIZE by Swole, you'll find the only leg workout you need, if ur questioning it. Looks pretty good though...

Lift, Eat, & Sleep Brotha!

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    looks like alot of over kill IMO

RuhlFreak55 is online now Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    i think everything looks pretty good. except the deal with calves.....it seems like you sacrifice volume to be able to train them twice a week. And if that's the case then you'll be getting less of a benefit in terms of hypertrophy than from doing them just once a week and doubling the load. If it's your weak bodypart and your trying to bring it up then training it twice a week is recommended in my experience but don't sacrifice on them. i always do at least two exercises for calves per workout if not more. And in the even that you do this and train them hard both times i'd move stuff around a bit to make two days in between those leg days. move your rest day to thursday for example and do the quads/calves on wednesday.

just my opinion

pelly789 is offline Member
    probaly going to over train IMO stretch marks suck..

Quote Originally Posted by dsa8864667
    What do you guys think of my workout routine. If guys see something that doesn't look good let me know I need all the help possible. Btw Im 5,8 167lbs 12-14%bf my goal is to get to 190-200lbs 9%bf.

Monday-Chest/Tri's
    DB-Flats
    DB-Incline
    DB-Decline
    Cable fly's
    Dips
    Close grip bench
    Skull crushers

Tuesday-Back/bi's
    Wide grip pullups
    Lat pull down front
    Lat pulldown back
    Bentover BB row
    Seated cable rows
    DB curl
    DB hammer curl

Wednesday-OFF

Thursday-Quads/calf
    Squats
    Leg presses
    Hack squats
    Leg extension
    Standing calf raises

Friday-Shoulders
    Arnold presses
    Machine presses
    DB side laterals
    DB front laterals
    Bentover DB laterals
    Upright BB row
    DB shrugs

Saturday-Hams/Calf
    Deadlifts
    Leg curl
    Seated leg curl
    Seated calf raises
    Incline on Treadmill at 4.5 speed for 15min

Sunday-OFF

Doing abs 3x aweek
    On Monday: Use the Bar for one of your presses. Do only 2 tricep exercises, the ones that you listed are the best, mix 'em up....but only do 2.

On Tuesday: Really, you should only do 3 exercises for lats, I would suggest one vertical pull and two horizontal pulls, again, the exercises you have listed are the right ones....mix 'em up. Bicep routine looks good!

On Thursday: I agree with what someone mentioned above...do swoles leg routine....short and sweet, it is all you need.

On Friday: Do not do the Arnold presses first, do a mass builder first....DB presses, BB presses and there are osme good machines that you could use. Alternate the Arnold presses with front raises from week to week...dont do both in the same workout...I am trying to reduce your volume here. Trap routine looks good.

On Saturday: Well, I feel you should work you hams w/ your quads, again suing Swoles routine. Do not lift on Saturday!

*Overall, as others have already said, you are doing too much...you are going to be overtraining! You are selecting the right exercises but you just need less volume, believe me, less is more!!
    Last edited by catabolic kid; 01-26-2006 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by catabolic kid
    On Monday: Use the Bar for one of your presses. Do only 2 tricep exercises, the ones that you listed are the best, mix 'em up....but only do 2.

On Tuesday: Really, you should only do 3 exercises for lats, I would suggest one vertical pull and two horizontal pulls, again, the exercises you have listed are the right ones....mix 'em up. Bicep routine looks good!

On Thursday: I agree with what someone mentioned above...do swoles leg routine....short and sweet, it is all you need.

On Friday: Do not do the Arnold presses first, do a mass builder first....DB presses, BB presses and there are osme good machines that you could use. Alternate the Arnold presses with front raises from week to week...dont do both in the same workout...I am trying to reduce your volume here. Trap routine looks good.

On Saturday: Well, I feel you should work you hams w/ your quads, again suing Swoles routine. Do not lift on Saturday!

*Overall, as others have already said, you are doing too much...you are going to be overtraining! You are selecting the right exercises but you just need less volume, believe me, less is more!!
    What routine do you recommend for shoulders with what i listed ?

oneshot is offline Anabolic Member
    maybe try to replace a few dumbell exercises with barbell instead

Quote Originally Posted by dsa8864667
    What routine do you recommend for shoulders with what i listed ?
    What I am saying is that the routine is good, you just need to alternate the arnold pressess with front laterals. And for the workouts that you do arnolds with, make sure you do them after your mass compound mass building exercise (DB press, BB press, or machine press, heavy weight!). So, just keep the rest the same, it all looks good...just rotate the arnolds and front raises-decrease volume...do not be in the gym for more than 1 hour.

If you guys think I'm over training what should i take out in my routine, also how many sets and reps do you recommend?

RuhlFreak55 is online now Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    overtraining is hogwash.........if you've been lifting consistantly for a couple years you can handle that routine.........in all likely hood anyway.

bump

Canadiantiger is offline Associate Member
    IMO I would start a bulking diet ( see sticky in diet forum ) I would also lift less. I would suggest looking at strength coaches like Ian King, Charles Poliquin or even Clubs like Westside Barbell for mass workouts. I even like Iron Man's HIT workout in Pinnacle's Sticky above. The bottom line is you grow while resting and to meet your goals you are going to need to bulk. The workout you suggest with Cardio IMO does not allow for this kind of hypertrophy and weight gain.

Thread Information