greedyfly2874 is offline New Member

New member and trainee ... need help.

Hello! I have been brought to these forums through some research I was doing online and have read quite a bit of useful information and decided to become a part of it. I am a 22 year old male, I weigh 130 lbs. I'm 5'7" and am very skinny... not sure of my body fat. I eat little and very unhealthy when I do. I have bad habits such as drinking and smoking.

I want to change my lifestyle for the better, I want to have more energy during the day, and I want to look great also! So, you could say I am a newbie in all sense of the word, but I have some good goals in mind.

I have read the sticky thread 'How to Bulk' ... which is where I am going to start off on my diet. I am going to start a membership to the local YMCA and start working out with a friend everyday Mon-Fri. I was looking through this forum to try to find a good starting workout that I can try out. I am basically starting from scratch here. I was athletic in highschool but spent little time in the gym... so my knowledge is weak.

From what knowledge I have gained so far, I know this will take determination, patience and dedication. So basically, what I am asking is for a good workout routine to get me started so I have somewhat of a clue of where I can start out when I hit up the gym on Monday. Any and all advice would be great!

Thanks! (and slightly embarrassed)

pelly789 is offline Member
    where do you start? alright well first we need to know what your goals are where you want to get your body too then it can be narrowed down to specifics post what you want out of working out...

greedyfly2874 is offline New Member
    My goals ... body wise, I want to be as big as I can get. I work with a guy and is about my height and is just huge! ... ripped to the T ... 185 lbs of pure muscle. That's where I want to be. I'm tired of this skinny crap. I don't want to be just toned, I don't want to be medium ripped, I want to get as big as I can get ...

High goals, huh?

pelly789 is offline Member
    you got yourself alot of work to do if you weigh 130 and you want to get up to 185 solid and ripped your going to first need to go on a bulk routine diet and lifting...your best bet is to hit up the diet forums your going to want to eat alot of protein about 1.5 g per lb of body weight which means as of now your gonna want to eat 195 g of protein a day drink at least a gal. of water each day and about 4000 calories a day as for the workouts heres a link with alot of them im currently using the 5x5 routine and it seems to be helping alot heres the link ...

Various Training Techniques

id suggest one of those programs read it throughly and make sure you dont over train and keep good form since your starting out on a new slate make SURE you have good form on all your lifts you have to drop the ego at the door to the gym.. if theres anything else you wanna know or i can help you with post your questions other than that welcome to the board and good luck keep us posted on your results later bro

p.s. drop your habits cant grow any mass smoking and drinking id suggest that be your first move!

Canadiantiger is offline Associate Member
    You will need to start with the basics Compound Movements. Squats, Bench Press, Deadlifts, Pull ups, Etc.

Thread Information